Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXV

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I know they make them fresh but I don't like the In N Out fries for some reason. I HATE long lines too so I rarely go to In N Out and there is one near my work and another by my home. I've maybe been there 4 or 5 times. I'd rather have a patty melt and onion rings at Freddy's. Plus, Freddy's has Pepsi which I prefer with pizza or a burger, all three things I try to stay away from. Pizza is my kryptonite though.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I know they make them fresh but I don't like the In N Out fries for some reason. I HATE long lines too so I rarely go...

"nobody ever goes there. It’s too crowded.” - Yogi Berra

Idk if In n Out is overrated. It's fine. But would you rather go to Five Guys and spend 15+ at least on a burger and fries.

And I don't mean this reply to YOU. I live right around there. I'm just talking generally.

If I had to choose, probably go Five Guys. Fries are definitely better.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If I had to choose, probably go Five Guys. Fries are definitely better.
I don't disagree but it's also double the price so not really a fair comparison. In and Out is exceptional for fast food but it's definitely still fast food.

In N Out is very good fast food but it does not travel well. You can’t drive it 15 mins home. You have to eat it right there while it’s hot and fresh and hasn’t steamed up in the bag. Something about the bun and the fries just doesn’t travel well. I can’t explain it but I’m sure it’s true.
This is the way. You have to eat it right away or don't bother.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Canes is just thickly breaded chicken strips. Some love it, but if you haven't had it, anticipate disappointment.

I've never had it but I'm told that the sauce is what makes it. Chicken strips that are thickly breaded don't sound all too appealing to me. In that case, maybe I should try some of their sauce some time, but with a chicken recipe that I actually know I'll like.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Canes is just thickly breaded chicken strips. Some love it, but if you haven't had it, anticipate disappointment.
I have had it many times and I have to disagree with you there good sir, they use quality chicken and each strip, unlike most fast food places, is mostly chicken not breading. I say this as someone who generally isn't a big fan of anything deep fried (though you wouldn't know it from my waistline haha). It's still fast food of course but their chicken strips are rivaled only by Chic Fil A in my opinion.

Yeah! That Canes went up like lightning.

BTW - if you haven't tried the Cine Grill, you need to add that to your bucket list.
Indeed, I drove by it this weekend and was amazed at the progress, I mean it looks like it could literally open any day now which is crazy, it was just dirt like a month ago.

I've been to Cine Grill, it's quite nice, but I haven't eaten anything there outside of popcorn. Is the food particularly good?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I have had it many times and I have to disagree with you there good sir, they use quality chicken and each strip, unlike most fast food places, is mostly chicken not breading. I say this as someone who generally isn't a big fan of anything deep fried (though you wouldn't know it from my waistline haha). It's still fast food of course but their chicken strips are rivaled only by Chic Fil A in my opinion.

Indeed, I drove by it this weekend and was amazed at the progress, I mean it looks like it could literally open any day now which is crazy, it was just dirt like a month ago.

I've been to Cine Grill, it's quite nice, but I haven't eaten anything there outside of popcorn. Is the food particularly good?

The food ain't cheap, but it is very good. They really cracked the code on the cuisine.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The food ain't cheap, but it is very good. They really cracked the code on the cuisine.
I know it's their fancy new concept, I believe it's the very first one in AZ, sounds like I'll have to give the dining a try. I just assumed it was another theater with bar food. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Just rec'd my email for sth refund. To my surprise there was no attempt to retain any future deposit. Only questions were how likely I would be interested in the future and if I was interested in AHL RR, be it at Mullett (opt 1), or Tucson (opt 2), not at this time was opt 3.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Just rec'd my email for sth refund. To my surprise there was no attempt to retain any future deposit. Only questions were how likely I would be interested in the future and if I was interested in AHL RR, be it at Mullett (opt 1), or Tucson (opt 2), not at this time was opt 3.
Yup, mine just showed up too. Thanks for the heads up.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

You mean Meruelo isn't holding payment hostage until you agree to a discounted refund? :sarcasm::laugh:

Last edited:

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Has the site performance continued to circle the drain for anyone else? I click on a thread and it takes me to some advertiser's page. I thought it might have to do with the potential demise of F40 but it seems to be occurring in the Utah forum as well. :dunno:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Has the site performance continued to circle the drain for anyone else? I click on a thread and it takes me to some advertiser's page. I thought it might have to do with the potential demise of F40 but it seems to be occurring in the Utah forum as well. :dunno:

Nope. UBO Firefox still works wonders. Brave on mobile.

Sometimes I turn it off and I don't recognize the internet.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Nope. UBO Firefox still works wonders. Brave on mobile.

Sometimes I turn it off and I don't recognize the internet.
It blows my mind when I see what the internet looks like for most people, how the hell does anyone put up with that. It reminds me of this scene in Idiocracy:

idiocracy-ow-my-balls.jpg

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yup, mine just showed up too. Thanks for the heads up.
So for people who might be interested in such things, the request for STH deposit refund and how you want it handled (e.g. "to credit card on file") was a fairly trivial matter. Click, click, done. The question of course will be how long it takes to get *processed* - and as fate would have it, my balance on that card is about the same as the refund I've got coming...so if they process it in the next 3 weeks (not two!) I won't have to pay anything on that cc....

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So for people who might be interested in such things, the request for STH deposit refund and how you want it handled (e.g. "to credit card on file") was a fairly trivial matter. Click, click, done. The question of course will be how long it takes to get *processed* - and as fate would have it, my balance on that card is about the same as the refund I've got coming...so if they process it in the next 3 weeks (not two!) I won't have to pay anything on that cc....
It's all trivial, until you don't receive the money! Seriously, mine read 45 days, but my rep indicated it shouldn't take near that long.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It's all trivial, until you don't receive the money! Seriously, mine read 45 days, but my rep indicated it shouldn't take near that long.
Actually, I will say this, for all the team's other faults, and I know this wasn't true for everyone, but I got outstanding customer service from the two STH reps I had from 2011 on, especially Karalyn K, whom I was always surprised didn't move on sooner than she did - she seemed overqualified for the position.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Actually, I will say this, for all the team's other faults, and I know this wasn't true for everyone, but I got outstanding customer service from the two STH reps I had from 2011 on, especially Karalyn K, whom I was always surprised didn't move on sooner than she did - she seemed overqualified for the position.

The "foot soldiers" in the org, I always appreciated and respected. They were there because they loved the game and the team. My ticket rep was always a princess to us... offering my kids zamboni rides, checking in with us at games, asking us how she could help make our experience better. I know for a fact that they didn't pay her nearly what she was worth.

It's the f***tards writing the checks who have always been the ones letting everyone else down. Maybe someday we'll get someone who is worthy of the great people who make up the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad