Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXV

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Is anyone else having issues with the boards lately too? Taking 5 to 10 seconds to open pages for two days now. PC & Mobile. Only site I'm having the issue with.

67319e8f-77a2-4aca-a8fd-ecedd59610e7.gif

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Wow. Big clouds. Lots of evil clouds broken up.

When I went to joined the military at MEPS, they asked me to come back and take a test to become a nuclear engineer. I studied for weeks and was ready for the test. The guy left for 2 seconds, returned and said no druggies in nuke.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Ban all tackling techniques that cause injury. Ban blocking too. I'm not fond of the forward pass either. Think of the children.

Eight members of the Competition Committee. Not one played in the NFL.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Reading more on the new NFL rule. The tackling technique is still allowed, so long as the opponent's legs don't become trapped under the tackler. I would assume that the tackler has very little control over this happening, but it also seems like a nightmare for officials to police consistently.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Interesting….

Desert Diamond Arena had a title fight tonight. They’ve been booking a number of these since the Coyotes left.

Drew an attendance of just over 7100.

Not good. All though it’s Good Friday so it may have had an influence.

Arizona Rattlers had their first home game on the 24th. Attendance was 9017. In the old AFL days they were pulling 12-15k downtown.

Depending on how many of these off acts do out there I don’t think anyone will be able to claim they are better off without the Yotes there anymore.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Interesting….

Desert Diamond Arena had a title fight tonight. They’ve been booking a number of these since the Coyotes left.

Drew an attendance of just over 7100.

Not good. All though it’s Good Friday so it may have had an influence.

Arizona Rattlers had their first home game on the 24th. Attendance was 9017. In the old AFL days they were pulling 12-15k downtown.

Depending on how many of these off acts do out there I don’t think anyone will be able to claim they are better off without the Yotes there anymore.
A bit of perspective: how many people really go to title fights anymore? And comparing the AFL Rattlers to today's team in the offshoot league they're in right now is apples to oranges.

I get the schadenfreude impulse to slag on Glendale, but this is a reach, IMO. Plus, I wouldn't consider title boxing or C-league arena football to be in the same atmosphere as the NHL.

(And it goes without saying that each of these events outdrew every single Coyotes game played at Mullett... :sarcasm:)

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
DDA issued a press release in January that claimed 2023 was their best year ever for revenue and attendance.

"(DDA) welcomed more than 450,000 guests through its turnstiles, its highest annual attendance since opening its doors in 2003."

The Coyotes lowest avg attendance was 11,600.
11,600 x 41 = 475,600

Perhaps they lie.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
DDA issued a press release in January that claimed 2023 was their best year ever for revenue and attendance.

"(DDA) welcomed more than 450,000 guests through its turnstiles, its highest annual attendance since opening its doors in 2003."

11,600 x 41 = 475,600

Perhaps they lie.

I think the Coyotes' actual attendance numbers in Glendale might be a very deep rabbit hole... But I 100% believe that the city is making more money and getting better financial results now than when the Ice Clowns were bending them over the barrel.

The thing I'd take the most issue with in the press release is the assertion that DDA is one of ASM Global's top performing venues. No way in hell that's true. 🤣

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I think the Coyotes' actual attendance numbers in Glendale might be a very deep rabbit hole... But I 100% believe that the city is making more money and getting better financial results now than when the Ice Clowns were bending them over the barrel.

The thing I'd take the most issue with in the press release is the assertion that DDA is one of ASM Global's top performing venues. No way in hell that's true. 🤣

The secondary and tertiary revenue effects of having the Coyotes in Glendale are hard to quantify. Still, there was plenty of white space on the calendar to have both a pro hockey team and all the events they currently have.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Aside running the ice plant 10 months out of the year (and no doubt it's a big cost), the operational costs in running the arena haven't changed.

I just keep going back to what City Manager Ken Phelps and Councilman Ian Hugh claimed that they could replace the income from the Coyotes with just 20 concerts.

They haven't come even close to that.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

11,600 x 41 = 475,600

Perhaps they lie.

I'd bet of you pulled Pollstar numbers you'd find out the arena did a LOT better right after it opened than it does now.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
...with just 20 concerts.

DDA holds 19k for concerts, and the median Taylor Swift ticket is about a grand. If they can book 20 Swift shows that's $380 Million before they sell even one overpriced Bud Light. Easy peasy.:rolleyes:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
DDA holds 19k for concerts, and the median Taylor Swift ticket is about a grand. If they can book 20 Swift shows that's $380 Million before they sell even one overpriced Bud Light. Easy peasy.:rolleyes:

Which is why they went next door. To where the state and Cardinals get the benefits.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Aside running the ice plant 10 months out of the year (and no doubt it's a big cost), the operational costs in running the arena haven't changed.

I just keep going back to what City Manager Ken Phelps and Councilman Ian Hugh claimed that they could replace the income from the Coyotes with just 20 concerts.

They haven't come even close to that.
They have a better lease agreement with ASM than they had with IceEdge, and that's after paying 50 million in NHL ransom money. No matter how much they're making in profit, there's no way they're not better off relatively speaking than they were.

Good for them. I don't have to care about them anymore because all I'm worried about is that hundred acres in North Phoenix. 😁

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad