OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
That piece of shit also owns a massive block of land here in NZ, and it happens to be the main entrance to a huge national park. He's blocked the main roads and walking tracks so nobody can pass through into the park because he wants it all to himself.

Reactions: Yandover

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Jim Playfair. For harassing our team’s defense for 5 years.

CompassionateNewInexpectatumpleco-max-1mb.gif

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
And she is right.

I wouldn't trust Kirstie Alley or Tom Cruise or any other "elite" Scientologist to be a thought leader on this topic or any other where long-suppressed bad behavior is finally outed. While a good discussion could be had about the dangers of overcorrecting when it comes to harassment, it's not going to be had by a "church" that expends sweat and financial equity in actively covering up the misdeeds of its favorites, or unfairly perjuring innocent people they deem suppressive.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
And she is right.

Depends. Weinstein has 83 accusers. The board had to act and remove him. Cosby had 38 accusers. Highly unlikely this is a conspiracy to ruin either of these gentleman.

Lauer admitted guilt.

Also, just because we do not know the names of all the accusers does not make them anonymous. The Weinstein company/police know the names. NBC management knows the names.

Cosby had his day in court, but he'll never work again. Weinstein may have numerous days in court.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A very good response to all that's going on.

Not really. You can be fired in most states for a whole host of petty things. An employer is under no obligation (unless contractually agreed upon beforehand) to continue to employ you if you are accused of anything.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Not really. You can be fired in most states for a whole host of petty things. An employer is under no obligation (unless contractually agreed upon beforehand) to continue to employ you if you are accused of anything.

Plus, HR departments these days are so paranoid about wrongful termination lawsuits that they will only terminate someone this quickly if they have a lot of evidentiary support for it.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm going to wear my Vegas jersey to games from now on until the Coyotes management gets their collective asses in gear and either forces Tocchet to change his system to fit the team's talents or simply fires Tocchet's ass.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Enjoy your one man protest. You accept 5 years of tip and less than 30 games of Tocc.

Normally you're a reasonable guy. This outsized reaction suprises me. This was always going to be a growth year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm going to wear my Vegas jersey to games from now on until the Coyotes management gets their collective asses in gear and either forces Tocchet to change his system to fit the team's talents or simply fires Tocchet's ass.

It's all about speed in todays NHL, which RT is trying to implement and we have the players to play that way, so I guess I ask you what system do you want to play? RT may not be the answer, but we are almost 30 games into the year and the vets are playing better but still not consistent. I hate using injuries as an excuse, but KConn is a 7th D asked to play a regular shift, Hammer always hurt, Chick still not back, and of course our #1 goalie has played less than half our games. Chayka has to take a good chunk of blame as I believe he made too many moves this year and was going to make more until Sullivan suggested to wait. This year is shot so I have no idea why they keep on playing Cousins and Rinaldo. They have not hurt us on D, but bring nothing to the O which we need. Crouse can do the same as Rinaldo and Strome I'm sure can do better than Cousins. Now is the time to let the kids play and grow together. This is year three of the rebuild and we should be a bubble team, but we screwed the pooch big time.

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Enjoy your one man protest. You accept 5 years of tip and less than 30 games of Tocc.

Normally you're a reasonable guy. This outsized reaction suprises me. This was always going to be a growth year.

Yes it was and we should be a bubble team and are not. We have more talent than ever but the growth as a team is not there. Why is that? I hope the organization doesn't start to point fingers and make a panic trade because all are to blame, right from ownership down to players. What has happened this year has been the worst case scenario.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

It's not a one man protest. People are protesting with their feet, depriving the team of revenue. I'm still a season ticket holder. To me my protest is reasonable. I see no growth this year. rather, I see pond hockey.

As to those 5 years of Tip I was consistent in my opinion that the Coyote's roster mess was GMDM's fault and that he should have been fired. Eventually, he was fired. While not distraught over Tippet's departure, I maintain that his hand was forced by GMDM and that the Tippet hate was misplaced.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's not a one man protest. People are protesting with their feet, depriving the team of revenue. I'm still a season ticket holder. To me my protest is reasonable. I see no growth this year. rather, I see pond hockey.

As to those 5 years of Tip I was consistent in my opinion that the Coyote's roster mess was GMDM's fault and that he should have been fired. Eventually, he was fired. While not distraught over Tippet's departure, I maintain that his hand was forced by GMDM and that the Tippet hate was misplaced.
yep, tip took over a roster with little in the way of changes, with no training camp, and turned that roster around, made the playoffs. Tocc took over, and had upgrades to the roster in hammer/Stepan/keller, yet we are way worse then last year. If Tip was coaching this year, he would deserve to be fired after this 30 game stretch of under achieving big time.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's all about speed in todays NHL, which RT is trying to implement and we have the players to play that way, so I guess I ask you what system do you want to play? RT may not be the answer, but we are almost 30 games into the year and the vets are playing better but still not consistent. I hate using injuries as an excuse, but KConn is a 7th D asked to play a regular shift, Hammer always hurt, Chick still not back, and of course our #1 goalie has played less than half our games. Chayka has to take a good chunk of blame as I believe he made too many moves this year and was going to make more until Sullivan suggested to wait. This year is shot so I have no idea why they keep on playing Cousins and Rinaldo. They have not hurt us on D, but bring nothing to the O which we need. Crouse can do the same as Rinaldo and Strome I'm sure can do better than Cousins. Now is the time to let the kids play and grow together. This is year three of the rebuild and we should be a bubble team, but we screwed the pooch big time.
Jakey, Chych was healthy scratched last year and he might not be an upgrade to Kconn, or not much of one. Our third pair is not the problem, Kcoon.Schenn don't get many minutes or tough minutes. Raanta is unproven as a number 1, who knows if he is going to be good or not. All teams deal with injuries. What do we say when everyone is healthy and we still are a sub .500 team? I hope when Raanta and Chych are in the line up we turn into a .600 win % team, just like that, it was all about the injuries. I hope thats it, but my gut tells me thats not the case.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

And who's jersey are you going to wear the moment Vegas comes back down to Earth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad