OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You do know you give up far more freedom on your phone and the internet, than you do submitting to an MVD photo?

Absolutely. I'm not worried about it. I mean, being advertised to in all sorts of previously unimaginable ways has lots of societal consequences but we'll deal with them.

I'm still not about to actually type out "good people have nothing to worry about" and expect someone to take me seriously.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Absolutely. I'm not worried about it. I mean, being advertised to in all sorts of previously unimaginable ways has lots of societal consequences but we'll deal with them.

I'm still not about to actually type out "good people have nothing to worry about" and expect someone to take me seriously.

Not quite what I said, but take it as you may. Please excuse me, while I check out a book on how to build a survival shelter.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
People generally learn that relying on the total and complete benevolence of others is a dumb idea by the time they hit their 40s. Do we need to talk about Santa Clause?

Well, no...but that's no excuse!

51SY0AWCGBL._SY445_.jpg

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
In the future, the current generations are going to be hated for being so short sighted and simple minded when it comes to privacy.

Privacy in this day and age is an illusion. So long as you are "on the grid," your privacy is threatened no matter how law-abiding and nice you are. It comes down to, then, how much risk you are willing to allow in your day-to-day life - and how much faith you have in corporate America to abide by an unstated understanding that they will not abuse you for profit.

I'm old, so I'm cynical. And because the trend right now is to greenlight corporate rapaciousness and greed, I'm fully convinced that we'll have an explosion of consumer abuse ahead of us.

Reactions: MIG

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys. Coming down to AZ in February and planning to see the Yotes/Habs game. Given the opponent, I anticipate the tickets will cost a little more than usual. Just wondering the best way to go about getting tickets. From the Coyotes site itself? StubHub? Buying on the day of the game?

Reactions: Grimes

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'd check seat geek and stub hub, I've heard vivid is good too. If you know this far in advance it may be worth it to go straight through the team. I'd call them though, I think the fees are less crazy that way.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hey guys. Coming down to AZ in February and planning to see the Yotes/Habs game. Given the opponent, I anticipate the tickets will cost a little more than usual. Just wondering the best way to go about getting tickets. From the Coyotes site itself? StubHub? Buying on the day of the game?

I feel like a HF meet up may be necessary. Also pm if you want recommendations for food, drinks what not.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
As someone who's been burned on stubhub I would suggest direct from team or ticket exchange. They are cheap enough straight up that secondary market not worth the risk. I think team had a deal for tickets after Chrismas that removed fees??

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
As someone who's been burned on stubhub I would suggest direct from team or ticket exchange. They are cheap enough straight up that secondary market not worth the risk. I think team had a deal for tickets after Chrismas that removed fees??
How were you burned on stubhub?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
How were you burned on stubhub?
Tickets were used when I got to rink, took over a period to get dealt with , and stubhub offered me better seats for same price with just over half a game left. Not a reasonable solution to me.

Reactions: Yandover

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ

I didn't get a premium for our pair. It's my opinion, the Oilers game two days later commands more money. I feel like there are more snowbirds from W. Canada than E. and those team's (minus Flames) generally draw and command more on re-sell. I could be wrong; just what I see at games and sell on TM.

@Mosby That said, there are plenty of season ticket holders here who can add on tickets. I believe that's a voucher game too. Hit me up and and I can get you lower level ends for our cost.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Does anyone here make use of digital assistants (Bixby, Alexa, Google Home, etc.) outside of hands free activities like driving and cooking? Why?

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Does anyone here make use of digital assistants (Bixby, Alexa, Google Home, etc.) outside of hands free activities like driving and cooking? Why?

I use my Alexa all the time. I have so many things during the day that divides my attention span, sometimes it's easier to just say "Hey Alex remind me to _____ in 20 minutes" or "Alexa remind me on the 5th of every month at noon to change my AC air filter."

love this thing. Also will wake you up every morning. I use mine as a back-up alarm.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I use my Alexa all the time. I have so many things during the day that divides my attention span, sometimes it's easier to just say "Hey Alex remind me to _____ in 20 minutes" or "Alexa remind me on the 5th of every month at noon to change my AC air filter."

love this thing. Also will wake you up every morning. I use mine as a back-up alarm.

Fair enough, thanks for the use case. What you describe is basically how I use my phone only I skip the digital assistant part.

Reactions: doaner

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I have my echo dot hooked up to my Logitech harmony hub, so I can tell Alexa to turn my tv on or turn up the volume, or change the channel. I also have a smart plug with a fan hooked up to it, so I can use the dot to turn that on too. It's been weird recently though, I'll have to do some trouble shooting. I also play music with it pretty often, but that occasionally gets choppy. If it wasn't a pain in the ass to get working right I'd use it more. I've had to mess with it way more often than I'd like, but when it works it's pretty convenient, provided you have other things for it to connect to and control. It's almost more like a proof of concept thing to me right now.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I use my Google Home units all the time. I can use them for hands-free phone calls using Bluetooth, I stream music, I use them to cast streaming programs from YouTube TV, Hulu, and Netflix (kinda fun to say, "Hey Google, stream the Coyotes to my family room"), I use them to control my Philips Hue smart lighting in the house, to check my commute in the mornings, etc. etc. I love it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man. The only thing cooler for me would be to sit in one of the original Battlestar Galactica Vipers.
Yeah a Viper would be awesome. I had all those toys as a kid too. They have Kylo Ren's fighter as well but it's in a different city. I didn't know this was here. I'm walking through the mall and bam! There's a full size X-Wing. I took a zillion pics. Going to the movie tonight. Can't wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad