OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Back when the Coyotes had a message board on their original website and I was like 12 years old, I typed lines like this:

Panik-Domi-Perlini-Crouse
Stepan-Strome-Dvorak-Kruger
Keller-Fischer-Cousins-Ullstrom

It drove people crazy.

Reactions: Grimes

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Back when the Coyotes had a message board on their original website and I was like 12 years old, I typed lines like this:

It drove people crazy.

I never posted there, but you should probably still feel bad for this. :rant:

Reactions: doaner

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

It drove people crazy.

I may print and frame this for you. If you want different play names change them out now. Otherwise see you at the draft with this

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Found this in a box of old things:

CfRf3SJ.jpg

Reactions: CC96

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I might want to paint my bedroom Arizona Coyote Brick Red (don't judge me!) Too bad Glidden at The Home Depot seems to drop the NHL license. :( Anybody know the best place to get a good paint that gets close to the red of our team?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I might want to paint my bedroom Arizona Coyote Brick Red (don't judge me!) Too bad Glidden at The Home Depot seems to drop the NHL license. :( Anybody know the best place to get a good paint that gets close to the red of our team?

Home Depot used to have a color match system that will take any color sample you bring in and it will come up with a formula as close as it can get. Not sure if it's still available though.

rt

May 13, 2004
Dunn Edwards does a fantastic paint match. Good stuff there, too. More expensive than Home Depot or Lowe’s but it’s good stuff and they’ll really help you with your project. The employees at Home Depot and Lowe’s don’t know anything.

rt

May 13, 2004
Also, I’m assuming this is a bachelor pad and there’s no missus going to veto you, it might be really cool to make the paint look like the Coyotes uniform sleeves. Starting with the red below the black, then the red/white strip, and the lower 2/3 being white. You won’t be stuck with such a dark room color, and it’ll look definitely sports themed. You’d need some very good painter’s tape, a laser level, and some patience, but it might be a cool effect. Especially if you’re going to have Coyotes “stuff” in there.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like the theory but without actual numbers the increase percentages are kinda meaningless.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like the theory but without actual numbers the increase percentages are kinda meaningless.
No matter how you look at it, a increase is better than a decrease. When the team starts to make the playoffs the numbers will increase even more.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No matter how you look at it, a increase is better than a decrease. When the team starts to make the playoffs the numbers will increase even more.
Not really Jakey. The claim in the ad is hockey Belongs in The Desert and it bases that on these increases. So if that increase of 88% as an example from first number is 100 players to 188 players well really that is totally meaningless. Now if it's in the thousands of course that is great. You need numbers for context.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Not really Jakey. The claim in the ad is hockey Belongs in The Desert and it bases that on these increases. So if that increase of 88% as an example from first number is 100 players to 188 players well really that is totally meaningless. Now if it's in the thousands of course that is great. You need numbers for context.

Context is important. But even you have to agree that any improvement is good when you take in the “context” of what this franchise has been through over the past 10 years.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Context is important. But even you have to agree that any improvement is good when you take in the “context” of what this franchise has been through over the past 10 years.
I believe that I wrote that in my first reply?? But without actual numbers I don't know if 1% of kids are choosing hockey or 40%. And that really doesn't translate to interest in professional sports. Just as an example Canada's most popular sport to play is soccer but really that means little to the World Cup or Professional Soccer.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I believe that I wrote that in my first reply?? But without actual numbers I don't know if 1% of kids are choosing hockey or 40%. And that really doesn't translate to interest in professional sports. Just as an example Canada's most popular sport to play is soccer but really that means little to the World Cup or Professional Soccer.

You made a reference about context and I gave you an example where you could apply some without using numeric data.

I’m just as curious as to how they got those figures as the next person. But it doesn’t hurt to widen the perspective of it either.

Here’s a bit more context... you’re a franchise that’s in a market that has been prodded and poked from every negative angle one could imagine since 2009. You’re trying to recover from all that negativity. Improving the on-ice product is the first thing required and they’re doing that now. But that will take some time so in the meantime you have to get the market aware of you. So you begin a campaign to introduce the sport to people at a low cost (Little Howlers, DEK rinks etc.) because cost is a very important thing coming off the worst recession ever a decade ago. Now you start showing those efforts are getting results (whatever that may be).

At this point it’s not a matter of actual numbers. It’s about getting out from behind that gigantic 8-ball they’ve been stuck behind and building momentum from it.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You made a reference about context and I gave you an example where you could apply some without using numeric data.

I’m just as curious as to how they got those figures as the next person. But it doesn’t hurt to widen the perspective of it either.

Here’s a bit more context... you’re a franchise that’s in a market that has been prodded and poked from every negative angle one could imagine since 2009. You’re trying to recover from all that negativity. Improving the on-ice product is the first thing required and they’re doing that now. But that will take some time so in the meantime you have to get the market aware of you. So you begin a campaign to introduce the sport to people at a low cost (Little Howlers, DEK rinks etc.) because cost is a very important thing coming off the worst recession ever a decade ago. Now you start showing those efforts are getting results (whatever that may be).

At this point it’s not a matter of actual numbers. It’s about getting out from behind that gigantic 8-ball they’ve been stuck behind and building momentum from it.
I agree with all of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3