OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
As a TIE Figher fan I'm assuming you've already seen this?

Had not seen it yet. There's one dubious thing in it to me though. They shoot the Mon Calamari cruiser with ion cannons which are supposed to disable the ship, not destroy it. It's animated with some short circuiting around it, which seems accurate, then cuts to a scene of a fighter blowing up a corvette that has its shields down. Then, at the end, they show the disabled cruiser broken into two parts. Why disable it if you're just going to destroy it?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Had not seen it yet. There's one dubious thing in it to me though. They shoot the Mon Calamari cruiser with ion cannons which are supposed to disable the ship, not destroy it. It's animated with some short circuiting around it, which seems accurate, then cuts to a scene of a fighter blowing up a corvette that has its shields down. Then, at the end, they show the disabled cruiser broken into two parts. Why disable it if you're just going to destroy it?

Although I agree, perhaps they attempted to board the MonCal, were repulsed, then decided "to hell with it" and blow it up anyway. Remember this is the Empire we're talking about - terror tactics and blowing shit up are nothing new for them.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I still have a copy of Wing Commander III lying around somewhere.

Was a bear playing with just one CD drive and every time I got killed (which was often) I had to swap out the discs just so it could play the funeral cut scene to eject my dead carcass into space and run the credits to allow me to play again.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Still a bummer no one has made a really, really good Star Wars space RTS yet. Rebellion could be fun but had a really tough learning curve due to a hideous control interface. Empire at War was graphically pretty and simplified things but was shallow and had too much ground combat.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Still a bummer no one has made a really, really good Star Wars space RTS yet. Rebellion could be fun but had a really tough learning curve due to a hideous control interface. Empire at War was graphically pretty and simplified things but was shallow and had too much ground combat.

There's probably a Sins of Solar Empire mod for that (there's a Sins of a Solar Empire mod for just about everything)

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just got Sins of a Solar Empire for the hell of it. Did the tutorial. Is there a single player storyline or just a bunch of scenarios?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Congrats! What is it?

It was a short medley of music from the musical the kids performed this spring (Zombie Prom). The music wasn't original but I arranged it for the size of the ensemble and to highlight some of the show's high points in just a few minutes (there were 25 schools at the showcase so our stage time was just a few minutes). Gammage was almost completely full for the event and has a capacity of 3,017. It was very surreal.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Grimes

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The new Harkins theater renovations with reclining seats and tons of room are really nice. They finished up renovating Chandler Fashion Square last month. Supposedly going to renovate all of their valley theaters, though I haven't seen a schedule. Looks like only a few in the valley have received the new upgrades so far.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The new Harkins theater renovations with reclining seats and tons of room are really nice. They finished up renovating Chandler Fashion Square last month. Supposedly going to renovate all of their valley theaters, though I haven't seen a schedule. Looks like only a few in the valley have received the new upgrades so far.
I always drive up to the Estrella Falls theater in Avondale, they have the seats, but also a gigantic screen and fantastic audio.

Reactions: IPreferPi

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I always drive up to the Estrella Falls theater in Avondale, they have the seats, but also a gigantic screen and fantastic audio.

They added the giant screen in Chandler as well. "Cine 1" is their new buzzword for it, moving away from the cine Capri marketing name in AZ. They're supposedly converting the Tempe Marketplace cine Capri over at some point.

Harkins Theatres | CINÉ 1™

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Have the updated the projectors to HDR? I don't see any mention of it. AMC's Dolby Cinema is the best experience you can buy right now because of that. Unless a movie was specifically framed for IMAX (Nolan movies and Infinity War, basically) I see everything at a Dolby Cinema.

Really glad I got to see BR2049 a couple times in that format.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I saw Solo in a Dolby Cinema tonight. I freaking LOVED the movie and that theater is great too. I'll be going there every time from now on. Anybody else see Solo yet? That's the Star Wars I grew up with. I knew Ron Howard would come through. The guy that played Lando was really good. Hope they make another one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->