Arizona Coyotes are the Seattle Kraken / Florida Panthers of the 23-24 season

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
We are going to be an exciting team but i think we're still at least a year away from the playoff. They will be competitive for a wild card slot all year but just fall short. Next year is when i believe the leap occurs

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They needed Bedard but Cooley is a decent player too. I wish they would have kept Chychrun. They need transition help on the back end still and he could have really helped.

They will add Geekie next year and hopefully Lamoureux so they overall higher end skill set should continue to go up.

They just can't hemorrhage anymore talent and hope to replace it in FA.

Last edited:
Reactions: vshun

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Why can’t the Arizona Coyotes be the Arizona Coyotes of the 2023-2024 season?
Because that's not how analogies work. You can say Eddie Hall is as strong as a really big guy who has trained for strongman competitions. But it doesn't have the same effect as saying he's as strong as a Silverback on juice.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Because that's not how analogies work. You can say Eddie Hall is as strong as a really big guy who has trained for strongman competitions. But it doesn't have the same effect as saying he's as strong as a Silverback on juice.
But the silverback on juice never performed before Eddie Hall :sarcasm:

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The Panthers example is just a really weird one, as they won the Presidents Trophy the season before they made the SCF, with pretty much the same team. A lot of people act like they just came out of nowhere. The only thing surprising about them last year was how they were seemingly dead in the water in December-January and then rallied to clinch a playoff spot I think on the last day or two of the regular season.

Some people are really weird in regards to the 22-23 Panthers on this board. I clearly remember the poll on this forum picking them to beat Vegas and win the cup in the poll that was taken right before the series started. And then when Vegas dominated them and won in 5, people were trying to say they were the weakest cup finalist in the last 10-15 years or more. Clearly they missed the 20-21 Montreal Canadiens, who were easily the worst finalist since the 2006 Oilers and managed to finish dead last the next season. Albeit without Price (the MVP of those playoffs for them) and Weber.

I think you're mixing two things up. Clearly the Panthers were a better team/roster than either the Canadiens or Oilers but they weren't competive in the finals. Probably on par or worse than the Canadiens (pretty sure the Panthers have a worst goal differential than the Habs do in their respective finals) and obviously worse than the Oilers.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I believe they will finish somewhere in the top 33 teams. barely missing out on the playoffs, winning the Stanley Cup, and being responsible for Canada separating from the rest of the North American continent. I mean, can you even say how the year is going for 15-20 games? Enjoy the ride. I am still trying to remember winning is good this year and not something that will help us tank.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Watching the game last night, really enjoyed the way they were playing
Was actually thinking how sick it would be if they made the playoffs and went on a run in that small barn of theirs

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Have watched 2 of their games so far against NJ and ANA today. Very impressive so far. 2 tight one goal losses to NYR and NYI but beat a solid team in NJ and two teams they should have beat.

The Melkman is a game changer and only given up 9 goals in their first 5 games as a team.
Will be interested to see how they do in the home and home vs the Kings Tuesday and Friday.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
They’re playing well, together. And they have more talent than they had before. Probably enough talent to make the playoffs. It all depends on whether or not they keep playing well, really. It’s a long season.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Would be pretty hilarious if they won the cup and bettman had to present it to a not even full 5k seat arena.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Through 10 games the Coyotes are relatively comfortably 3rd in the Central.

They've played one of the tougher schedules through those 10 games.

10th best in the league in GF. 13th best in the league in GF at 5v5.

10th best in GA.

Future is bright. Future may be here.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
They’re starting to come around a bit. I think they still need a couple big pieces to be taken seriously though

4 of their 5 wins were against teams that finished in the bottom 5 in the league last season too. Gotta beat the better teams to be among the better teams. With that said I think they’re a year or so away from being a top team in their division

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad