Confirmed Trade: [ARI/TOR] Peter Holland for a conditional 2018 6th round pick

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
About time....figured this was coming ever since Richardson was hurt...he likely plugs into the 2C/3C role....given the Coyotes currently have very few NHL C's.

I would expect him to start of well in Arizona very similar to how he started in Toronto. Never been able to quite figure out if it's a effort thing from him or he just truly doesn't understand where he needs to be in the ice

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
What will they do with that spot. Also, if the spot was where the "value" is, then why did they re-sign him in the first place?

Because they expected more, he wasn't outplying the kids that surpassed him and they'll use it for any potential trade situations down the road at the deadline. They were at 49 or 48 so if they want to take on a dump later it's flexibility. Also makes room for Leivo who hasn't really been injured for a while

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Arizona was 1st in line for waivers, so I guess him guess someone else might have wanted him via trade instead? If Arizona was the only bidder and waivers eventually inevitable they wouldn't have traded for him I would assume.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Leafs fans were asking the habs for a 2nd last week for him following galchenyuk's injury lol. I'm expecting a 2nd now
Yeah cause a few people saying one thing on the internet definitely means every single person in that fanbase all believe it. Bound to happen now.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I can't believe a team was willing to waste future considerations on Holland. Now to do the same with Leivo and Corrado.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
I can't believe a team was willing to waste future considerations on Holland. Now to do the same with Leivo and Corrado.

Hasn't had a chance to play this season and had 5 goals in 12 games last year and dominated the Ahl playoffs. Ever cross your mind you've given up to early?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
hockey insiders always breaking news 15 minutes before teams release it themselves where would we be without them.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I doubt that he of all people would say it unless he had a pretty good belief that it was done.

I was going to write of course friedman is reputable but he also said "think", of course he wouldn't tweet without any info. Still strange a minor leafs trade gets so much news it pisses of the other fanbases usually

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I was going to write of course friedman is reputable but he also said "think", of course he wouldn't tweet without any info. Still strange a minor leafs trade gets so much news it pisses of the other fanbases usually
It really hasn't been that much news. Dreger said that the Leafs were looking to move him, then this. And Lou said he would move him. That's about it. If other fanbases don't want to hear it then they should only look at their local media outlets and not national such as TSN or Sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad