Confirmed Trade: [ARI/TB] Louis Domingue for Michael Leighton and Tye McGinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
While McGinn will be missed Leighton has been nothing short of a dud this year for the Crunch. Domingue and Ingram give the Crunch a young goalie tandem which is going to be interesting. Loss of McGinn leaves the Crunch with a HUGE hole regarding size and toughness up front as well as one hell of a team character gone.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Louis Domingue displayed probably the worst 10 game goaltending performance I've ever seen at the NHL level. People don't understand how different the Coyotes have been in non-Domingue games versus the games in which he played. He was unbelievably bad and we never had a chance to win. We have been the team everyone expected us to be when Wedgewood and Raanta have played. When it was Domingue every night, we were the worst team in franchise history. He was just incredibly bad.

He has ability. He needed to get out of the organization and start fresh. I'm glad he got a shot at a second chance. Chayka and Tocchet probably wanted to have him killed.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Can someone explain what Arizona's direction is?
Their performance and recent trades send a lot of mixed messages

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Can someone explain what Arizona's direction is?
Their performance and recent trades send a lot of mixed messages

That's because the two are in direct contrast to eachother.

They want to start winning with their young players. They added depth and experience at every position (Raanta, Stepan, Hjalmarsson) to try to improve this season.

The on-ice performance has been a complete unexpected disaster. Don't expect it to continue to be this bad. A healthy starting goalie, vets getting comfortable in their new situations, and some team chemistry, and this team can play.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Which recent trades are you referring to?
Well, the two trades that brought in vets like Hammer and Stepan and now this.
It seems like they're loading up but the recent results are saying they should be selling.
My post wasn't meant as an insult. I'm legitimately confused about what they're doing.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I can't believe Leighton is still playing, he is only 36. He has been drafted in 1999, started playing in the NHL in 2003 but has only played 111 games in the big show so far. So in 15 years he have been active in the NHL, he averaged 7.4 games / season. Even by backup standards, that's low.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Domingue needs to play like he did a few years ago. Making 1.1 to be a minor league goalie is highway robbery. Don't like giving up McGinn as he was a good vet but we need someone who can stop the puck so hopefully Domingue remembers how to do that.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Well, the two trades that brought in vets like Hammer and Stepan and now this.
It seems like they're loading up but the recent results are saying they should be selling.
My post wasn't meant as an insult. I'm legitimately confused about what they're doing.

They're trying to win. It's just not working.

On paper, they are a way, way better team than their performance thus far. The team can and will start winning. This season is almost lost already. But there's lots of reasons to believe the team will hit an upswing soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad