Contract Termination: [ARI] F Alex Galchenyuk (arrested July 9th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Kind of crazy that not a single player from the top 4 of the 2012 draft will be in the NHL by the age of 30

drafting is tough. you could argue there were 6 busts in the top 10 that year, and then every player but two from 11-20 has at least 500 games and one of the two exceptions is vasilevsky.

#2 got injured out of relevance.

#3 should have had his father interviewed and also injuries + poor management.

#4 was always a reach.

Reactions: HabsQC

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I assumed they were talking in the context of him leaving the country in the midst of legal troubles. Seems like he'd have a not great time to look forward to if/when he does return.
Yes, that is what I meant, sorry for my lack of clarification.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kind of crazy that not a single player from the top 4 of the 2012 draft will be in the NHL by the age of 30

Not a great draft year for sure. Didn't realize that one of the Devils' off-season acquisitions, Chris Tierney, has played almost 600 NHL games.

It was funny on After The Whistle they had Tim Connelly on their show recently. Other than the Sedin twins and a few others almost the entire first round of the 1999 draft was forgettable. Though Zetterberg was taken in the seventh round and as of last season goalie Craig Anderson was still playing.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He was convicted of a crime and received a sentence. It seems like he might be 'defecting' to Russia for the time being and avoiding that, thats what the poster was likely referring to

Just for context….

All but one of the charges were dismissed. Pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor threatening charge.

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see if he abides by and completes his sentencing or just stays in Russia. He technically got 30 days in jail but 27 of them will be suspended and (he served one day already when he was arrested, so 2 days) if he completes rehab, then he just has to stay sober for a year.

More than likely competed the 2 days before heading to the KHL.

Will be interesting how they monitor the non-contact with alcohol condition. It isn’t difficult to get around it in Arizona.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
New video up of his arrest, yeah i think the dude is not only drunk, looks like some PCP weird shit to me.

Very fitting to play in Russia for bloodmoney if you ask me, might get a real chance of ending bloodlines in the offseason too!

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He woke up that day quick, at about noon, cuz he thought he had to be in Compton soon. He decides to get drunk before the day began, before his mother started bitchin about his friends. Unfortunately he got pulled over cruisin down the street in his six fo

Last edited:

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

There's a whole 38 minute video.

I mean, even drunk and given the circumstances, it's such an extreme reaction, and half the shit he said didn't even make sense, and the rest unhinged. He is mentally unwell, or maybe he's just an asshole, or a mix of both.

He deserves consequences but I also hope he becomes better.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: kevistar

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
As an Habs fan watching Galchenyuk rise and fall was like watching the Star Wars prequels. At some point Chucky was the Chosen One of the Habs Organization but then got burnt by the expectations and slowly began to turn into a full blown villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad