Contract Termination: [ARI] F Adam Ruzicka contract terminated by the Coyotes

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Dr. Rockso skiing down his mountain of cocaaaiiiinne | Metalocalypse, Funny  gif, Pretty in pink

Dethclown GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Dr Rockso animated gif by DJAMJR805 on DeviantArt

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
i expect the NHLPA to go nuts on this

the player assistance program exists... so i do think the termination will end up being reversed at some point

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

the player assistance program exists... so i do think the termination will end up being reversed at some point

Totally. Kuznetsov did the same thing and even tested positive for cocaine and he's still under contract.

Ruzicka, to my knowledge, didn't even test positive. He was just dumb enough to post a video indicating he might have done cocaine but that's no proof for anything and even if it was I still don't think that's a reason for contract termination.

So I agree I don't think the PA is gonna accept this.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Why? There are repercussions for actions. And should be.

And I say that as someone who is sober for 30 years, with good reason.

He‘s just been told, “hey we don’t want you to work for our organization anymore”. People get fired all the time for a lot less.

He did something idiotic and is paying the price for it. Not the biggest deal in the world.

Reactions: andora

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Depends.. maybe they interviewed him immediately and because of that interview went this route

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Life lesson.

Logic dictates that anytime someone posts on social media they are looking for a reaction of some sort.

He got one.

Much success.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
So one thing I don't understand is why do some players get the chance to enter the player's assistance program while others have their contract terminated?

I understand that not every player may be willing to enter the program, but is that the distinction?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Just saw the video, what an A-grade idiot lol. Normally guys get busted because their stupid friends record them, posting it yourself is a braindead move

That said, hope he gets help, sitting around doing blow by yourself is kinda concerning behaviour

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
So one thing I don't understand is why do some players get the chance to enter the player's assistance program while others have their contract terminated?

I understand that not every player may be willing to enter the program, but is that the distinction?
It could be that, it could be a player's willingness or at least what he portrays to work with the team and to get help. It could be as simple as some organizations are worried about the PR of it more than others..

And probably a whole lot of other little things that we will never know play into it too

Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
It could be that, it could be a player's willingness or at least what he portrays to work with the team and to get help. It could be as simple as some organizations are worried about the PR of it more than others..

And probably a whole lot of other little things that we will never know play into it too

That part about PR is what worries me. Did the Coyotes just give a disincentive to any other players in that org to seek help?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00