Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Coyotes claim G Connor Ingram off waivers from the Predators

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Looking like Johansson is starting the season on IR

JJ: “I didn’t even know I was injured”

I guess that depends on how you view the odds. The last place team will have a 25.5% chance (18.5% of winning outright + 7% if teams #12-16 happened to win since they'd be ineligible to move more than 10 spots). But that still means a 74.5% chance that they don't get it. Albeit the last place team almost will have double the chance that the second worst team (13.5%) will win.
1665440000475.jpeg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
JJ: “I didn’t even know I was injured”

Reminds me a bit of the 1999-00 Devils when Lou was juggling having 15 NHL caliber forwards for 14 spots. One guy would get injured and then would be coincidentally healthy enough when somebody else got hurt.

There was an elephant in the room that Denis Pederson (an alternate captain at the time) was on IR but more than ready to play again, but the team was bending the rules so they didn't have to waive/trade somebody to free up the roster spot. I remember there being a heated HF thread back then about Pederson filing a grievance.

Reactions: Guttersniped

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Reminds me a bit of the 1999-00 Devils when Lou was juggling having 15 NHL caliber forwards for 14 spots. One guy would get injured and then would be coincidentally healthy enough when somebody else got hurt.

There was an elephant in the room that Denis Pederson (an alternate captain at the time) was on IR but more than ready to play again, but the team was bending the rules so they didn't have to waive/trade somebody to free up the roster spot. I remember there being a heated HF thread back then about Pederson filing a grievance.
Gilles started last game and it was put out on social media that JJ was injured then.

Reactions: Brodeur

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Was really hoping Montreal would take him with the top priority and waive Monty. Oh well, hopefully it puts the yotes above us in the standings

• Haha
Reactions: Baby Doaner

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Mostly it

Its regular waiver order
If Colorado is the ONLY team to put in a claim, they can send him to the minors free of charge

-If someone ahead of Colorado puts in a claim, it goes to them, regardless of if Colorado did or not
-If no one ahead of Colorado puts in a claim, Colorado does, and no one after them does, Colorado can send him to the AHL
-If no one ahead of Colorado puts in a claim, Colorado does, and some one after them does, Colorado gets him but he would need waivers again to go down
-If no one puts in a claim, ARI can send him to the minors
Colorado is last in the claim as the champs right? So if we put in a claim we should be able to send him to the minors.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So bitter with my preds for signing lankinen now.
Not sure how that makes any sense. I am really hopeful that Ingram does well for the Coyotes and launches a nice NHL career from there. But Lankinen did look better in camp, and regardless, anybody we had in net this year is just holding the spot temporarily until Askarov is ready. :dunno:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I don't know if it's sad, but I actually think this is a pretty exciting addition for the Coyotes. I think he instantly becomes the best goalie in their franchise. For the last few seasons, he was doing exceptionally well in the A. I am surprised Nashville couldn't trade him honestly. If he's just a late bloomer he's a steal and could legitimately become a starter, or if nothing else a solid bridge.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I don't know if it's sad, but I actually think this is a pretty exciting addition for the Coyotes. I think he instantly becomes the best goalie in their franchise. For the last few seasons, he was doing exceptionally well in the A. I am surprised Nashville couldn't trade him honestly. If he's just a late bloomer he's a steal and could legitimately become a starter, or if nothing else a solid bridge.
I don't know about being the best goalie, but I do expect a split with Vejjie. I was expecting this to happen for awhile. The problem that the Coyotes will have is not on defense, so I don't understand your comment about being sad. He is in the NHL and not the A. Their problem will be scoring goals. Last season they lacked depth from the blue line. This year they have depth. I'm not saying they have top end talent, but they won't need to bring in bottom pairing from Tucson.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakeyawself

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Take your grain of salts first, please. We haven't actually seen Ingram THAT much in Nashville.

But... he did pretty much crush the AHL at every step. He got the 1-way contract for this season for sound reasons, we really did project out that he'd be our backup this year, before we signed Lankinen.

My impression, based on admittedly limited viewing, is that Ingram is a "sound technical goalie", but doesn't have exceptional physical skills. He plays his angles well, he challenges and lets the puck hit him, he's a "smart goalie". He is not athletic or gymnastic in net. He's also not very big, although his intelligence seems to mask this fact. He manages to "look big enough" with smart positioning.

A lot of his AHL success has come behind some good teams. As long as teams are cleaning things up in front of him, his smart/stable play is going to stand out. I'm not sure how that is going to look when he has a weak D in front of him and he is facing more danger zone shots. I guess that is what we'll find out. It could go either way, IMHO.

But regardless, he has earned this challenge. 50/50 if he sticks or not. But really happy for him, he has gone through a lot on a personal level, and doesn't have anything left to prove outside the NHL. This is his chance, he put in the time and paid his dues to earn it, we are all rooting for him!
:handclap:

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s #1 by the time they play their first home game. Vejmelka has some good performances but when he’s not stealing games he’s downright awful

Reactions: brakeyawself

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
We have a great goalie coach as well who can mold him a la Keumper

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyotes are primed to pickup something here with 3 backups in Gillies, JJ, and Ingram. My guess is the Flyers would have bit.
Gillies sent to Tucson, JJ waived and Ingram installed as back-up/co-starter with the Coyotes.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I guess that depends on how you view the odds. The last place team will have a 25.5% chance (18.5% of winning outright + 7% if teams #12-16 happened to win since they'd be ineligible to move more than 10 spots). But that still means a 74.5% chance that they don't get it. Albeit the last place team almost will have double the chance that the second worst team (13.5%) will win.
For the 32nd team:

25.5% Bedard
44.3% top 2
100% top 3

Coyotes better not get out-tanked by Chicago (who will probably get Bedard regardless). Ending up with Fantilli or Michkov is not a bad consolation prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad