Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Coyotes claim G Connor Ingram off waivers from the Predators

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Glad he will get a shot in arizona. Now he can battle former predator draftee vejmelka for starter role. I figured ingram wouldve been a lock as backup for nashville but lankinen has been incredibly solid all preseason and in his start against the sharks so i cant complain. Just means askarov will get lots of starts in Milwaukee

Reactions: brakeyawself

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Guess this is Arizona just playing out their "wait and try to claim a second goalie on waivers" to roster strategy. I guess they think Ingram is the best netminder to have hit waivers this fall. Best of luck to him, trying to establish himself at the NHL level playing behind that team.

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
Coyotes are primed to pickup something here with 3 backups in Gillies, JJ, and Ingram. My guess is the Flyers would have bit.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
If the Yotes waive JJ do other teams get to take him or does it auto go back to the Avs?

other teams can take him if they want him in the NHL

avs get first dibs on sending him to the A though
Mostly it

Its regular waiver order
If Colorado is the ONLY team to put in a claim, they can send him to the minors free of charge

-If someone ahead of Colorado puts in a claim, it goes to them, regardless of if Colorado did or not
-If no one ahead of Colorado puts in a claim, Colorado does, and no one after them does, Colorado can send him to the AHL
-If no one ahead of Colorado puts in a claim, Colorado does, and some one after them does, Colorado gets him but he would need waivers again to go down
-If no one puts in a claim, ARI can send him to the minors

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Bedard sweepstakes favorites

I guess that depends on how you view the odds. The last place team will have a 25.5% chance (18.5% of winning outright + 7% if teams #12-16 happened to win since they'd be ineligible to move more than 10 spots). But that still means a 74.5% chance that they don't get it. Albeit the last place team almost will have double the chance that the second worst team (13.5%) will win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad