Votes: 156 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I will say if they make it, it could be fun taking the caps out in round 1 this year, little change of pace.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Pens have already started the mind games. Tampa and Washington looking at the standings will start to doubt whether finishing on top is worth it. ;)

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yes.

They just squeak in and win it all again.

Everyone will say the 3-peat has sated them and they won't complain about how 18-19 goes. October 12th, 2018, complaints file in as a season beginning slump takes hold and the wrong wing is on the wrong line. A firesullynow website is started, demands for trading the core because they don't have it anymore begin, and then on November 1st they are back in a playoff spot and it quiets down for a week.

;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

Reactions: tom_servo

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Could you put yourself in a Caps fan mindset if they had to meet the Pens in Round 1? :laugh: Good lawd. That would be devastating.

That thought does put a smile on my face. We have already put a couple of generations of that entire town into life time therapy.

The hole we have dug is too deep.

What makes me extremely pessimistic is that the Pens only have crossed the half way point of the season and their playoffs already has begun. And they played as if they know that the last two games. And STILL looked extremely flawed even in winning. They gave their best and it honestly was not enough.

And add to it they have played more hockey than any other team in a generation over the last couple of years. They simply could not keep up this playoffs not quite enough pace for half the year and an entire playoffs.

It is a nice story. Hope is nice. I hope that JR ain't buying it and acts accordingly though.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
If you want to feel better then check out the Oilers forums. Complete meltdown. I guess they just expect the cup to be handed to them this season, now they are a top lottery team again.

Just saying. Could be worse. The next few games after this bye week will tell a lot.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If you want to feel better then check out the Oilers forums. Complete meltdown. I guess they just expect the cup to be handed to them this season, now they are a top lottery team again.

Just saying. Could be worse. The next few games after this bye week will tell a lot.

The Oilers winning the draft lottery would be even better for comic HF board meltdown than the Pens winning the lottery.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
The Oilers winning the draft lottery would be even better for comic HF board meltdown than the Pens winning the lottery.
I don't know man, I'm having a tough time deciding which would bring me more joy: 1) the threepeat or 2) reading the main boards after missing the playoffs as last a team out and then winning the draft lottery

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It takes around 95 points to make the playoffs.

For the pens to hit 95 points they would have to win 24 of their final 38 games.

If you think the pens can go 24 14 the rest of the way your basing your opinion on what the pens did the last 2 years.

Their is nothing the pens have done this year that makes you think the pens are capable of going on that type of run.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We'll probably have a much better idea after the California trip next week.

A lot of it also hangs on Letang. If he can get his shit together, I like our chances. But he really needs to be a net positive for the team going forward, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what he's been so far this season.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

For the pens to hit 95 points they would have to win 24 of their final 38 games.

If you think the pens can go 24 14 the rest of the way your basing your opinion on what the pens did the last 2 years.

Their is nothing the pens have done this year that makes you think the pens are capable of going on that type of run.

Pens have historically been a good second half team in the Crosby era, and 24-14 isn't some exceptional mountain to climb.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Your kind of making my point, your basing your opinion because of the pens past success.

So? The recent success was with many of these same players, including Crosby, Kessel, Malkin, etc.

Not like it was from historical data in 1992-96.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I wouldn’t say nothing to suggest. We’ve had some good stretches. We’ve really mimicked Crosby’s form and he has had 2 bad 10 game stretches. One probably fatigue due to a crazy schedule and one was right after the hit to his head. Those issues shouldn’t be a problem from here out.

Remember March of the Penguins. We have a really good March record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad