Are the oilers finally sticking up for each other?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
752 comments on sportsnet's article on darnell's beatdown of Turtle Polak. I've never seen an article this year come even close in number of comments
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-darnell-nurse-hearing-nhl/

90 percent of the comments go like this:
"Coilers, what a joke franchise, just became even more of a joke"
"So they get 4 1st overalls and looks like another one, and they're still last and play like childish goons, facepalm"
"Dirty play from a dirty player from a dirt franchise, just eradicate that good for nothing team already"
And so on, and so on

The hate for our team this year and right now is real

But as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity, Oilers are a hot topic right now and the **** show is very entertaining

I just wish people would just shut the **** up and stop being so butt hurt about the draft picks. If they want Nail Yakupov so badly they can have him.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
If you watch that nurse fight again yakupov is standing there at the end of it and he looks at someone on the bench and looks like he beaks off or something.

Nail Yakupov is fantastic.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
If you watch that nurse fight again yakupov is standing there at the end of it and he looks at someone on the bench and looks like he beaks off or something.

Nail Yakupov is fantastic.

Screen cap?

jtlH2YS.png

NxzYeAB.png

LnrS9M1.png

Don't know if this is what BoldNewLettuce is referring to but pulled these. The video is choppy but here's the link.

https://vid.me/AH3c

The vid doesn't look like beaking to me but who knows.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
752 comments on sportsnet's article on darnell's beatdown of Turtle Polak. I've never seen an article this year come even close in number of comments
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-darnell-nurse-hearing-nhl/

90 percent of the comments go like this:
"Coilers, what a joke franchise, just became even more of a joke"
"So they get 4 1st overalls and looks like another one, and they're still last and play like childish goons, facepalm"
"Dirty play from a dirty player from a dirt franchise, just eradicate that good for nothing team already"
And so on, and so on

The hate for our team this year and right now is real

But as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity, Oilers are a hot topic right now and the **** show is very entertaining

There has been numerous cheap shots. Does anybody remember the Hawks player cheap shot the Oilers player behind the net?

How about that gutless absolute pathetic cheap shot that was made to Davidson's ribs and injuring him in Colorado? Right in front of the ref by the players bench. Nope, those were all fine and dandy.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just remember lads (and lasses). If they hate us now, man are they really going to hate us in the future.

I stand with Nurse. I can't possibly be the only person who bursted into laughter upon hearing Nurse will be suspended under the "aggressor rule". Come on, the irony has to make you chuckle a bit.

The Oilers have literally been wet toilet paper for the past decade. Soft, scared, and generally willing to roll over and accept defeat. Not anymore.

Picking up guys like Maroon, Cracknell, Pardy, Kassian, etc. change our complexion. These guys will ****ing go to battle. Can you imagine someone taking a shot at McDavid, Drai, or Hall right now? I could see our team going full savage and ballistic.

That's the value of hard as **** wingers willing to protect their teammates. They build respect. Teams think twice about bullying our players. I love that Kassian is a little nuts. Put him with McDavid. If anyone lays a finger on McJesus, Kassian goes full viking.

Over time, toughness is a deterrent. Teams start to say "screw it" not worth it to take shots at McJesus.

Surround our saviour with the biggest and craziest wingers in the league. Put the "C" on McDavid. The grown men around him will swear allegiance and be the most loyal hockey players you can imagine. We'll be built to own the west.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Just remember lads (and lasses). If they hate us now, man are they really going to hate us in the future.

I stand with Nurse. I can't possibly be the only person who bursted into laughter upon hearing Nurse will be suspended under the "aggressor rule". Come on, the irony has to make you chuckle a bit.

The Oilers have literally been wet toilet paper for the past decade. Soft, scared, and generally willing to roll over and accept defeat. Not anymore.

Picking up guys like Maroon, Cracknell, Pardy, Kassian, etc. change our complexion. These guys will ****ing go to battle. Can you imagine someone taking a shot at McDavid, Drai, or Hall right now? I could see our team going full savage and ballistic.

That's the value of hard as **** wingers willing to protect their teammates. They build respect. Teams think twice about bullying our players. I love that Kassian is a little nuts. Put him with McDavid. If anyone lays a finger on McJesus, Kassian goes full viking.

Over time, toughness is a deterrent. Teams start to say "screw it" not worth it to take shots at McJesus.

Surround our saviour with the biggest and craziest wingers in the league. Put the "C" on McDavid. The grown men around him will swear allegiance and be the most loyal hockey players you can imagine. We'll be built to own the west.

How is it ironic?

The Oilers have intentionally loaded up on physical players that can go and are re-establishing who they are, the way they play, and the NHL is already taking notice. Nothing flags more for the NHL review committee than a team that is stocking up on brawn. Doesn't matter what you've been before as a team but when a GM goes out looking for heavy metal, and it comes in a motherlode of players every one of our games is being watched now. We're more exposed as a team now to NHL discipline than possibly any team in the league. In a short while we will be considered one of the dirtiest teams in the NHL. Whether that's deserved or not.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
jtlH2YS.png

NxzYeAB.png

LnrS9M1.png

Don't know if this is what BoldNewLettuce is referring to but pulled these. The video is choppy but here's the link.

https://vid.me/AH3c

The vid doesn't look like beaking to me but who knows.

I don't know. It looks to me like when a kid is asleep in the car with his mouth wide open and his Dad asks him if he's "catching flies".

Heh.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Dangerous trip on McDavid.

Hall getting run.

Vs. the Coyotes.

No answers.

Nope. Not there yet.

Hard to argue otherwise. that said, the game last night was very closely monitored by the zebras who would step in before any extracurricular got started. I thought they were going to get the fire hoses out to cool things down. Not that it got too heated but whenever anybody wanted to dance all they were getting was clowns in stripes which make poor dance partners.

I thought Maroon was pretty present and trying to do his stuff. I thought Kassian was pretty invisible all night long. Not even sure how he got the misconduct. Bad breath? I like Kassian but what a garbage effort from him on HNIC.

There were a lot of passengers waiting for busses though. Players just didn't seem dialed in in this one.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Nurse and Hendricks were out so that only left Maroon and Kassian. Big fails on their part.

They aren't the designated "stick up for their teammates" guys. It's a team game. This is on everybody.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
They aren't the designated "stick up for their teammates" guys. It's a team game. This is on everybody.

I agree. Its not enough to have a few guys stick up for the whole team. Everybody needs to stick up for each other, whether that be Kassian or RNH etc

tikkanen

Jan 1, 2016
red deer
last night they did

Read some whining on nucks post that on top of losing the oilers roughed them up too. This is good. Loved the scrum at the end. Need to see more of that. We need to be hard to play against and the front of our net needs to be a no-go zone. Like Hendies goal too where he went hard to the net. NHL is a rough game and those willing to take a hit to make a play are needed.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011

Hall getting run.

Vs. the Coyotes.

No answers.

Nope. Not there yet.

Forgetting Hendricks vs Ekblad?

That was as perfect a response as one could ask for.

Taking runs at our boys? No problem, see you in the corner

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

Hall getting run.

Vs. the Coyotes.

No answers.

Nope. Not there yet.

Regarding McDavid, Hendricks is always willing to defend his teammates and happened to be out there. He was more concerned with Connor's health at the time. I don't think a great opportunity really presented itself.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Wait until we replace Eberle with Lucic in the top 6 :popcorn:

Kevin Lowe and Mcidiot tried to build this team like the Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Zetterberg Red Wings. They had mentioned it a few times. That failed miserably and it was embarrassing how soft we were. Its one thing to be soft, but consistently be the softest team in the NHL and finish bottom three every year is a hard pill to swallow.

Chia is in to build this team like his 'big bad Bruins', which I am 100% ok with.

The turning point for me was watching the Oilers fight back in that game in Philadelphia. The Flyers got muscled around in their own barn. In the last 5+ years we never out muscled any team ever. You could tell that the Flyers were confused as to what happened, this was not the Edmonton Oilers they remembered playing earlier this season.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Lucic will not be leaving the LA Kings unless he is traded.

If he does I will be surprised. Saw his video segment and he loves it there. Plus they are a damn good team.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Wait until we replace Eberle with Lucic in the top 6 :popcorn:

Kevin Lowe and Mcidiot tried to build this team like the Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Zetterberg Red Wings. They had mentioned it a few times. That failed miserably and it was embarrassing how soft we were. Its one thing to be soft, but consistently be the softest team in the NHL and finish bottom three every year is a hard pill to swallow.

Chia is in to build this team like his 'big bad Bruins', which I am 100% ok with.

The turning point for me was watching the Oilers fight back in that game in Philadelphia. The Flyers got muscled around in their own barn. In the last 5+ years we never out muscled any team ever. You could tell that the Flyers were confused as to what happened, this was not the Edmonton Oilers they remembered playing earlier this season.

This. Except we aren't getting Lucic, unfortunately. We're getting tougher though and that is undeniable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad