Recalled/Assigned: Archibald Recalled

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I've got to think they'd have called up Simon if he'd been healthy. I like that they're calling up the prospects rather than just calling up one of the AHL vets.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
He wasn't on my radar either, I'm guessing they feel that his speed will fit with the type of game they're trying to play.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He wasn't on my radar either, I'm guessing they feel that his speed will fit with the type of game they're trying to play.

Plus they've called up pretty much everyone else, I'm assuming they view Dea and Sundqvist as centres.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Simon is healthy, he's playing tonight. He missed a couple of games a few weeks ago but that's it. This call up tells me they're going with 7 defensemen.

Last edited:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Simon is healthy, he's playing tonight. This call up tells me they're going with 7 defensemen.

I'm sure someone posted he was done for the year with shoulder surgery? or was that Uher?

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
A speedy annoying team to play against. Hope he does well by not trying to do too much in his 1st game (nerves).

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Pens add even more speed to the lineup. I think I see a trend here...
He can bring some physicality too, I remember that being one of the things our scouts talked about when he was drafted.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I had as high hopes for Archie as Wilson a couple years back, based solely on stat watching and what I read about here. And then last season, I felt Wilson sped way ahead of him. Good to see Archie get some time on the big club, even if it's due to injuries. Keep the speedsters coming!

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Had been playing with OS a lot before OS got called up, had been deployed in a ton of defensive matchup situations. I assume he'll play, but we'll see.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Because they didn't call up the best player down there, they called up a spare part that would disrupt Wilkes-Barre as little as possible since they have a crucial run ahead of them and just dropped out of first place for the first time all season. Otherwise we would have seen Jeffrey or Simon or Mouillierat.

To me, Archibald is just to be around in case someone goes down in morning skate or warmups. Like when we used to call up Ryan Lannon to be our seventh defenseman instead of Alex Goligoski. And since Archibald is an emergency recall, he has to go back down as soon as we have 12 healthy forwards.

They're going to want Schultz to get some games in before too long, and a couple of games coming up against non-playoff teams looks a pretty good time to do it. And who on defense really warrants sitting out right now? Seems like an ideal solution to me.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think he could surprise us, kid is gritty for a small guy, but I am all for speedy gritty guys over the big lumbering types. Archie fits the current style very well too.

Also, 4th line duty...makes more sense to call this kid up for that role.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Yeah. Why didnt we call up the 6.5 beast with soft hands and blazing speed we have waiting in the minors?....
if he did good we would have to trade him for another lovejoy...and there is only one of those........ and we already have him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad