Recalled/Assigned: Arber Xhekaj Assigned to Laval (Taken Off IR)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Conditioning stint by another name?

Maybe. The other thing maybe was if this was a paper transaction since Montreal already has 23 players on the roster. So by activating Xhekaj off IR, Habs would be carrying 24. So they sent him to Laval.

The fact that they didn't send Norlinder back down makes me think that Xhekaj is in Laval to at least play. He will apparently be at Laval's practice tomorrow.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They don't need to call it a conditioning stint as Xhekaj doesn't need to pass waivers.
Conditioning stints have nothing to do with waivers, the players stay on the NHL 23-man rosters and are still paid their NHL salaries for their 14 days loan.

Anyway, Martineau meant that Xhekaj wasn't going to be recalled any time soon. Norlinder is probably going down once Savard is cleared to play.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Should have also gotten Zadorov while he was away, didn't cost much.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Lindstrom and Kova might be scoring goals, but i couldn’t care less for them.

Matheson-Barron
Guhle-Kova
Xhekaj-Struble

This is what it should be, but MSL…
That first pairing is such a dumpster fire lol

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Hell! Couple Laval games would probably do him some good either way!

Struble is playing so Solid , I know it's just a 'conditioning stint'

But we have to be realistic as well, the D coach was playing Arber 10-11 mins a game
And they are giving Struble a lot more TOI in the same spot.. they clearly like what they see at the moment

Laval is not the demotion 'Saint john' and 'hamilton' used to be at all

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I’m glad the crazy love affair some people had with Marty St Louis is starting to fade so they can see him for the inexperienced overrated mess he is.

Reactions: Habano

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Good news for Struble who is playing well. Lindstrom has played 11 games, so he would need to go on waivers to be sent to Laval, and I don't think he clears again.

Wouldn't hurt Xhekaj to improve his game in Laval.
Good point about waivers for Lindstrom, though he's RD and Xhekaj LD.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad