GDT: April 4: Flames @ Ducks - 8:00pm MT [SN360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If we are going the Kings route we need to find our Carter and Richards trade lol.

Plus have the pieces we can afford to lose to get them.

Sam Bennett, Kylington + 1st for Tavares/Duchene/MacKinnon

It's more or less a joke, but how serious of a contender would we be with one of those three guys in the lineup?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Sam Bennett, Kylington + 1st for Tavares/Duchene/MacKinnon

It's more or less a joke, but how serious of a contender would we be with one of those three guys in the lineup?

Far less than people think. Tavares is the only of those players who's interested in winning or a team guy, but even he's played on some decent NYI teams and been unable to take the next step.

For players of that talent/skill level the difference is between guys with the requisite mental toughness to win, not who scores the most points. I wouldn't do any of those deals but Tavares, and I doubt he'd come that cheap as is.

Also would rather we didn't have a guy as dumb as MacK on the team. I don't care how good his hands are.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Maybe if you're the Oilers. This team isn't a garbage fire and the core made the playoffs two years ago, they have a better idea of what's necessary for success than a lot of young teams do at this stage in a rebuild.

Compounded with the fact that we have a good amount of veteran leadership and proven winners and I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't see a tight series.

Tight series wouldn't be considered a blow out...

If we draw the short straw and face Chicago 1st round, bringing them to 6 or 7 is pure gravy as that team likely ends up at the conference finals/SC finals. Beating them is even better.

Losing 4-5 to them or ANY other playoff team in the West in the first round is completely unacceptable though, I agree.

Beated in 6-7 games for any of the other WC teams is acceptable IMO, but of course I'd love to see our guys make it far.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Tight series wouldn't be considered a blow out...

If we draw the short straw and face Chicago 1st round, bringing them to 6 or 7 is pure gravy as that team likely ends up at the conference finals/SC finals. Beating them is even better.

Losing 4-5 to them or ANY other playoff team in the West in the first round is completely unacceptable though, I agree.

Beated in 6-7 games for any of the other WC teams is acceptable IMO, but of course I'd love to see our guys make it far.

Assuming we're up against Anaheim or Chicago, I have no delusions of us winning the series, but I'd love it if we at least put up a fight.

Teams can play a maximum of 28 games in a given postseason. Seven wouldn't be a bad chunk of experience.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Eye to eye with the Duck Devil himself.

Prediction:
200.webp

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I want them to beat the Ducks so bad, just so I don't have to hear about this streak again. I hate whenever they play the Ducks.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd rather face Chicago. I'm not sure they could answer for playoff Ferland and Tkachuk as well as the Ducks could. But whatever, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Let's beat these fools tonight.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
I hate the ducks with an unholy passion, but the Flames seem to mentally shut down against them so I have a bad feeling about this.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Didn't realize that the curse started on April 4, 2004

13 years ago today

It's a wonderful day for an exorcism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad