News Article: Appleton hopes to become permanent nhl player

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he's earned it and shouldn't be with the Moose this year. I could see him even playing top three minutes, heck maybe on the first line if they would like to try Connor-Scheifele-Appleton. I could see Appleton turning into a star NHLer.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
He may not replace Tanev’s point totals(hell Tanev may not do that), but in other facets I see him being an improvement. I loved Tanev but sometimes he was really busy while accomplishing very little.
That was my impression of Tanev Phase 1 (first season as a Jet). His last couple of seasons saw him develop into exactly the kind of player most teams need in the bottom six. Appleton is a different kind of player and will contribute differently.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That was my impression of Tanev Phase 1 (first season as a Jet). His last couple of seasons saw him develop into exactly the kind of player most teams need in the bottom six. Appleton is a different kind of player and will contribute differently.

Exactly.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I like what I saw from him, and with some confidence he could really turn out great for the Jets. Not bad scoring hands and good speed. I don't think we'll get the same kind of player as Tanev, because their styles are so different, but I'm hoping we get something close to equal value out of Appleton, and we'll be fine. May take a couple years though, just like it took Tanev.

I don't think Appleton has the grit Tanev has, nor will he block shots as much and throw as many hits, but I think he could turn out to be a decent goal scorer and playmaker. I hope he turns out. I have to admit --I'll miss seeing Tanev play -- he was one of the best hustlers in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad