News Article: Appleton hopes to become permanent nhl player

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Seems like the obvious choice. Plays a solid, low-risk game and might bring some more offense this year.

Reactions: tealhockey

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Appleton with Lemieux were becoming a solid pair for us last year then stupidity traded one and demoted the other to play plugs .
Appleton got way more ice time with the Moose and i'm ok with that . Now he's even more ready to become a starter on the Jets and Vaseline replaces Lemieux and i'm also ok with that .

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Appleton with Lemieux were becoming a solid pair for us last year then stupidity traded one and demoted the other to play plugs .
While I won't equate it to stupidity, but it was a point in the season when things took a turn for the worst. We didn't have grit going down the stretch, something that line provided us prior to the TDL.

One wonders what the outcome would have been had we kept Lemi and Appleton on that 4rth line with Copp, for the remainder of last season.

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good read
Question to the gallery.
What are his chances of staying up this year?
Seems to possess offensive upside

His chances are very high, IMO - near 100%. He would have to be beaten out of a spot by one of Spacek, Harkins, Suess or Luoto, or a trade acquisition. As of the end of last season, he was well ahead of any of them. That is not for the PB. That is a starter. And it assumes both Connor and Laine are signed.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
While I won't equate it to stupidity, but it was a point in the season when things took a turn for the worst. We didn't have grit going down the stretch, something that line provided us prior to the TDL.

One wonders what the outcome would have been had we kept Lemi and Appleton on that 4rth line with Copp, for the remainder of last season.

Probably the same result.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I really like Appleton. I'm expecting a strong season from him in the bottom-6, with a regular role on the PK. I also think Roslovic is primed for a big step forward, with considerable time on the 2 PP. Between those two, and strong bounceback seasons from Laine and Ehlers (i.e. full healthy season), the Jets could have a formidable forward group this season. If KVes turns out to be a good scoring power forward, they could be formidable. They would need their C and D group to keep things tidy in their own zone and move the puck quickly, and if they do, it could be a very fun team to watch.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Well there's room for him -
Hopefully he makes a best of his opportunities and he strikes me as the type of player that will work his butt off if he gets it.
I also believe he has a solid up side and he might surprise us if he gets the minutes -

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I love this kid's attitude. Also, very interesting to read about him:

- carrying a chip on his shoulder
- knowing his role and aiming to build trust
- aspires to be on PK.

Stoked to see how he does this year

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I just went to YouTube to relive his first goal. But it just made me miss Petan more than anything.
Eh you see a pass like that 5 times a game....I’m not saying Petan wasn’t a good passer but his passing skills got extremely overrated IMO.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Eh you see a pass like that 5 times a game....I’m not saying Petan wasn’t a good passer but his passing skills got extremely overrated IMO.
There are saucer passes that go through 3 opposing players that land exactly on the tape for a tap in 5 times a game? His passing game may have become overrated, but this is not the example you want to use to argue that point. That was a gorgeous pass.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
There are saucer passes that go through 3 opposing players that land exactly on the tape for a tap in 5 times a game? His passing game may have become overrated, but this is not the example you want to use to argue that point. That was a gorgeous pass.
Lol @ through 3 people first player was behind the passing lane and only had his stick out, lemiuex took the body of the only player in the passing plane and the third player you’re talking about was behind Appleton.

Exactly like I said that pass happen multiple times a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad