OT: Anything Goes 8: Fire This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Too many good Mexican take-out places here in Chicago to bother with Taco Bell. Sure, it's cheaper and quicker, but, I'll pay the extra couple bucks for quality. It works in a pinch, though. Just haven't partaken in a very long time.

member 151739

Too many good Mexican take-out places here in Chicago to bother with Taco Bell. Sure, it's cheaper and quicker, but, I'll pay the extra couple bucks for quality. It works in a pinch, though. Just haven't partaken in a very long time.

And afterwards you're going to have to find a restroom in a pinch.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
IU, fair enough.

CS, I am passed that time of the day. I've got a routine.

:laugh:

Just kidding, man, but yeah, Taco Bell can have that impact on some.

What I should do is get the Frosty-filled waffle cones at Wendy's. I had one a few weeks ago. Not bad.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just got back from the Honeymoon in Italy. One bar in Rome opened up for the Cup Final Games at 2am, missed a few of the WCF games because wifi was horrible there.

Hah, I watched week 1 for the Bears last year in Rome, well a minute or two of it anyway. They had a guy streaming it from his computer, hooked up to a projector onto the wall.

Where all did you go and stay?

Extremely thoughtful (and at times extremely lazy). Honestly though, with the advent of gift debit cards I think personalized gifts are a thing of the past.

I'd almost rather not even bother than give a gift card. I take pride in the gifts I give, and put a ton of thought into them.

member 151739

Speaking of PS4, who's getting what system (PS4 or XB1) and when?

I'm a nerd and will probably have both at some point, preordered both and will cancel one if I have to.

PS4 by far. Microsoft is giving the shaft to gamers on the Xbox One. No used games, can't play if you're not online after 24 hours, can't play if Kinect isn't in.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Always been a PS guy and now everyone else I know has always had Xbox but are all making the switch. Talk about shooting yourself in the face, Xbox is about to join Dreamcast and NeoGeo.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah I always was an Xbox guy (even though I own a PS3) because of the online being so much better, it was worth the $50 a year for cross game chat and ease of use. Now Sony is finally stepping up in the only area that IMO they lacked in.

I don't know what Microsoft is thinking, no used games? I trade my crap in when I beat it and am able to buy more new games because of it. They're touting that game share stuff but it sounds like a gimmick to appease the critics. Sony looks to be a runaway winner.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm gonna stick with PS3 for awhile. Just as PS2 dominated for 2-3 years after PS3's release, PS3 will do the same. They're not gonna stop production on PS3 games for a long time.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
My PS3 crapped out about 6 months ago, bought the slim, it's the last of it's generation and I figure it should have a decent resale value, at least 40%, so I plan on trading it in toward a new PS4 when it comes out since the price isn't that bad compared to what the PS3 was when it came out.

member 151739

My PS3 crapped out about 6 months ago, bought the slim, it's the last of it's generation and I figure it should have a decent resale value, at least 40%, so I plan on trading it in toward a new PS4 when it comes out since the price isn't that bad compared to what the PS3 was when it came out.

NHL 14 is for the PS3 though, not to mention Tales of Xillia, Dynasty Warriors 8, and Final Fantasy X HD.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I was a PS2 guy, then went to Xbox360, and am leaning to PS4. I tend to not be an early adopter so I'll wait for a few months after launch to decide. Let everyone else work out the new bugs in the system. I'll have FIFA 14 for the 360 to hold me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad