OT: Anything Goes 7: RIP Roger Ebert

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
About to pop in Lincoln or Killing them Softly. Gonna go with Killing them Softly because I'm at the end of a 54 hour week and I doubt I last two+ hours.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Personally I thought Lincoln was long-winded and fairly dry for about 45-60 minutes in the middle.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Personally I thought Lincoln was long-winded and fairly dry for about 45-60 minutes in the middle.

i literally fell asleep part way through that movie - and it's not b/c i'm a dumb canadian - i'm interested in US history...but did not like that film.

as an aside, one of my chicago cousins just got accepted to university of wisconsin - madison this week :handclap: ... this is a very exciting day for our family b/c said cousin, while having great high school marks, managed to crash the ACT every time she took it ... and her college counsellor told her she wouldn't even get wait listed at wisconsin - so the fact she has been accepted is a proud day for the family :nod:

Last edited:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
i literally fell asleep part way through that movie - and it's not b/c i'm a dumb canadian - i'm interested in US history...but did not like that film.

Ha, yep. I was being a bit conservative with the 45-60 mark. One of the more boring movies I've seen in a theater that I can remember.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Lincoln was purely a vehicle for Daniel Day-Lewis to win another Oscar for Best Actor. Beyond that the movie doesn't really do much for me.

Django Unchained was probably my favorite movie of last year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Found my old Albert Collins cassette tape (Iceman was the album) in basement ,, Wasn't playable but I have been listening to his stuff all day since I got off work

A very underated Blues great

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I don't like high school, but I can't be the guy that didn't go to prom. It looks like I'll be going, but the process of getting a date, coordinating the group, etc. is a bunch of BS. BS is the favorite meal of 99 percent of people my age, and I hate drama. I just stay out of it.

:laugh:

Less than two months!

You remind me alot of myself when I was your age. Never really got into crazy dating, dances, hanging out with GF's crowd. All I cared about was watching hockey, playing hockey, playing/listening to music. The girls picked up on that vibe though, really wish I could go back again and do it all over. You never think about it at the time when you're young like a lot of things.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
Maybe it's because I am an old fart but I like Lincoln a lot. But then again I went into it with am open mind. I think too often people go into movies expecting something and when they don't get it feel disappointed.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

as an aside, one of my chicago cousins just got accepted to university of wisconsin - madison this week :handclap: ... this is a very exciting day for our family b/c said cousin, while having great high school marks, managed to crash the ACT every time she took it ... and her college counsellor told her she wouldn't even get wait listed at wisconsin - so the fact she has been accepted is a proud day for the family :nod:

Congrats to her, watch out for Kaner.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
So who else voted today?
Kept getting harassed at the train stations about it. Alas, I did not.

Kelly was gonna win a landslide no matter what, wouldn't be worth the effort to bother going for me.

What was/is the vote for?

2nd Congressional district seat, plus a ton of mayoral races and local level crap like school board races and what not.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've never had Chicago Deep Dish. How representative is Lou Malnati's "Lou to go" pizzas?

Most people love it, but truth be told Lou Malnati's is actually one of the few pizzas I honestly don't like. It's definitely one of the mainstays, though.

Where are you? I know a few good pizza places with good Chicago style pizza elsewhere, on the off-chance you're in a place like Champaign. If you're in Chicago, just go outside!

SchruteFarms

Aug 8, 2010
Most people love it, but truth be told Lou Malnati's is actually one of the few pizzas I honestly don't like. It's definitely one of the mainstays, though.

Where are you? I know a few good pizza places with good Chicago style pizza elsewhere, on the off-chance you're in a place like Champaign. If you're in Chicago, just go outside!

No, I'm in Western Illinois. Probably not much out here.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Be thankful you're not in this dump of a town.

Papa Del's is good though. I imagine that's what NFS was referring to.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Papa Del's is good though. I imagine that's what NFS was referring to.

Damn straight. Still my favorite deep dish pizza of all time and second only to Home Run Inn for thinner pizza.

And sorry, don't really know western Illinois that well, so can't help you there.

SchruteFarms

Aug 8, 2010
Damn straight. Still my favorite deep dish pizza of all time and second only to Home Run Inn for thinner pizza.

And sorry, don't really know western Illinois that well, so can't help you there.

Don't feel bad. The people who live here don't know it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad