OT: Anything Goes 7: RIP Roger Ebert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
746B6221-FDF1-425F-A1C4-3EBD7D0A19B8-857-0000010F64E750CE.jpg

Get closer to the water, broski. Looks nice there.

Speaking of nice weather, I'll take 60 and rainy right now.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I don't like high school, but I can't be the guy that didn't go to prom. It looks like I'll be going, but the process of getting a date, coordinating the group, etc. is a bunch of BS. BS is the favorite meal of 99 percent of people my age, and I hate drama. I just stay out of it.

:laugh:

Less than two months!

The optimal thing is to get a date and then just leach on to a group her friends are organized in. I did it. Zero work and it was fun.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Of course I would walk out side on a gloomy day with my colorful, spring clothes on and shades.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
The optimal thing is to get a date and then just leach on to a group her friends are organized in. I did it. Zero work and it was fun.

I have a group if I want it. Just have to ask.

High school dating is just stupid. What are the odds that you will last through high school, college, engagement, and marriage and die together? It's got to be one percent.

I have someone I'm pretty sure I can ask and for sure have a group. People around me are just pestering me about it even though they know I don't give a rat's ass about anything high school-related. The only reason I'm going is so in 30 years, my friends don't say, "Hey, remember when you went to prom? Me neither!".

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It's also just part of the learning experience of relationships. No, you're highly unlikely to go on to be with your high school girlfriend for the rest of your life, but it's the start of your dating/relationship learning curve. You build on that with every new girlfriend/relationship until, ideally, you get to the point where you're ready and mature enough to be with someone long term if that's what you're looking for. You learn what you want, what you like, what you're looking for, and most of all, you learn about yourself what you can really offer to someone else. That all starts with your first relationships, which is often in high school.

It's hard to see that now and sounds dumb I'm sure, but in time you'll see it. Don't overthink things or worry about them...just enjoy life while you're at the age you are. It's a good time, and a much simpler life. Problem is, you often don't realize that until after the fact when you're a "grown up".

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I have a group if I want it. Just have to ask.

High school dating is just stupid. What are the odds that you will last through high school, college, engagement, and marriage and die together? It's got to be one percent.

I have someone I'm pretty sure I can ask and for sure have a group. People around me are just pestering me about it even though they know I don't give a rat's ass about anything high school-related. The only reason I'm going is so in 30 years, my friends don't say, "Hey, remember when you went to prom? Me neither!".

Why date in college then?

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Hedonism and stupidity dominate college life. I'd actually prefer pursuing dating opportunities in high school if you're looking for a lasting relationship.

But most people at that age aren't, so it's not easy regardless.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Days like today are going to make me more heavily value the near lakefront condo I'm considering in Evanston, not going to lie.

Not even an outdoorsy guy, either.

Though I spent all day being jerked around by a banker and an attorney's office being slow as all heck getting docs to me, surprise surprise. Watch them get docs to me at 5:00 sharp.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
There's a lot to be said for being single at one time(s) or another in one's college years. No doubt about it.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Alright, if I want to tell a girl I'd like to take her to prom before I fornally ask in epic fashion, any advice on what to say? Please be genuine with any answer!

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I started dating my wife the summer after High School and have now been with her for almost 6 years. Got married last October, so relationships can last awhile. Most don't, but you never know.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Alright, if I want to tell a girl I'd like to take her to prom before I fornally ask in epic fashion, any advice on what to say? Please be genuine with any answer!

Just ask her if she wants to go with you. Be as straightforward as possible, chicks dig that because it comes off as confident.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Got married last October, so relationships can last awhile. Most don't, but you never know.

Out of my 7 friends who have been married, 3 are already divorced. One lasted 5 years, another 2 years and finally a whopping 2 months. Well the 2 months dude is still married but he moved out 2 months after they got married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad