OT: Anything Goes 41

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Sitting through a training session where a "hacker" is pretending to livestream (with a fake chat sidebar) and I haven't felt like people producing something were more out of touch since 90s directors having a rap off scene while very clearly having no idea what rap was.

"The chat is going crazy" counter - I I I
You still see video game sound effects from like an Atari game on TV from time to time.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Welcome back! You should have some prospect discussions with Musto since you were an actual scout and not just a guy who thinks he is on the Internet. Would be amusing for all.

Hope you’re well and hopefully enjoying that career change :yo:
Thank you. I’m fairly out of the loop on prospects these days. I’m involved in the player development side of things but still have some exposure to draft prospects and such. Haven’t been around in literally a couple of years or more other than a couple random drop ins. Had a random thought to poke in and see what’s happening around here.

Neat, but who are you again?
I’m kind of a big deal. People here know me.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
In Vegas golfing….gambling……shenanigans. Going to bet against the Hawks tonight.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I fear THE END is NIGH ....that TBS airs a ridiculous show called Power Slap where vontestabs slap each other in the face and disfigure tgeiooonebts faces for many is not only gross..it marks the End of Human Civilization...Nothing better to do...let's go slap somebody in the face for fun and prizes...yup that's all she wrote,folks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
Old guy here. No Hawks for the short term, anybody got a great movie to stream or series to binge? I'm not into Sci-fi or chickflix. Last great series I watched was "White Lotus". My late Dad and I used to watch war movie together so I still enjoy that venue. Any suggestions of movies or good series? Ps. God bless you, Dad

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Old guy here. No Hawks for the short term, anybody got a great movie to stream or series to binge? I'm not into Sci-fi or chickflix. Last great series I watched was "White Lotus". My late Dad and I used to watch war movie together so I still enjoy that venue. Any suggestions of movies or good series? Ps. God bless you, Dad
Just started watching Black Sails, and I'm enjoying it. Have been wanting to watch it for a long time and just had so much other stuff I was watching.

If you like military, obviously Band of Brothers is great. Not sure if you've watched it before, but it's always worth re-watching even. Billions is solid, but the last season or two kind of lost me. Suits is pretty good. The Blacklist is good. The Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime is good. Designated Survivor was good, and then they cancelled it, but I think it's worth a watch also. Yellowstone and the spinoffs are damn good shows. Lots of stuff out there, honestly. TV has been good to great in recent times. Most of these can be found on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or other streaming services.

Reactions: Pez68

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
Ice House, Olde English 800, and Red White and Blue. Rank these 3 nasties from 1. Worst tasting to 3. "Best tasting" :rolleyes:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I love Succession as a series on HBO and Ted Lasso is a good series on Apple. The F1 series is also really good on Netflix and another new season should be out shortly. Also heard there is a PGA version coming out that is similar to the F1 show which should be interesting with all the LIV stuff from last year.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
A friend was raving about Money Heist. I’m almost through season 4 of Fauda, which is awesome. I recommend watching with subtitles instead of voiceovers.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I love Succession as a series on HBO and Ted Lasso is a good series on Apple. The F1 series is also really good on Netflix and another new season should be out shortly. Also heard there is a PGA version coming out that is similar to the F1 show which should be interesting with all the LIV stuff from last year.
The F1 Series is fantastic.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Tested positive for covid again last week, and still tested positive today. Here's to more working from home.

Thankfully not as bad as my first time, which is very likely due to being fully up on my vaccination and boosters. Keep your boosters going, folks.

Apparently losing one's taste is no longer a thing, as none of my family that also got covid this time around lost their's. Makes me even more annoyed at permanently losing it in 2020. Damn virus couldn't have mutated away from destroying taste and smell earlier, too?

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad