OT: Anything Goes 41

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I love my pets as well, but yeah… I‘m not risking my son losing his father or making my wife a widow to save an animal. I’d be gutted at losing either of my cats, but that’s a void that’s minuscule compared to what my wife or son would be left without if I kicked the bucket jumping into a frozen lake.

Reactions: Malaka and Mrfenn92

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Im listening to old podcast by a finnish broadcaster Mäkinen, and Kimmo Timonen, and i thought someone might be interested. Timonen said at the morning skate before the cup winning game, Toews pulled him over and told him "we will win the cup today, and i want you to be the one i hand it over for, because i respect u as a player and a human and you have fought for this."

Timonen said he was almost crying during the morning skate. "I have never cried on morning skate, but then i did." "I was just thinking, well we need to actually win this game too."

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Im listening to old podcast by a finnish broadcaster Mäkinen, and Kimmo Timonen, and i thought someone might be interested. Timonen said at the morning skate before the cup winning game, Toews pulled him over and told him "we will win the cup today, and i want you to be the one i hand it over for, because i respect u as a player and a human and you have fought for this."

Timonen said he was almost crying during the morning skate. "I have never cried on morning skate, but then i did." "I was just thinking, well we need to actually win this game too."
That’s a very good story. Thank you for sharing.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Gotta be careful on those tractors. Roll overs on them re the main cause of death by accident on the farm. No lie. I really enjoy his work so I hope he recovers fully.

Reactions: Giovi

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
God damn I love cigars and scotch. Sitting on my balcony right now all bundled up and listening to cool discussions about philosophy, science, stoicism and such. One of my favorite ways to enjoy a night to myself.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well it has cone to this...apparently the Girl Guides will be re-naming the brownies they sell because the term may offend certain racialized kids.....soon all clour adjective terms will need to be cancelled and replaced because somebody may be offended..Tge world might as well be monochromatic transparent neutral clear glass "coured"..
.Nobody coukdvpossibly then be offended by anything adjective descriptor.. OR everyone will be mandated to wear cilour -canxelking glasses.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
TSN just showed a video of a woman player executing the best Michigan I think I've ever seen. I'm sure we will see it again as well as hear exactly who she is. The move was that impressive.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
IMG_20230112_200154.jpg

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Couple months ago I mentioned that I made the most money I ever made and that I hated my job.

I was offered a new position recently and it was a 20% raise and with an additional 20% bonus..EO but I had to move to Vermont.

So now I am in Vermont.
We go to Vermont for budget stuff since the owners don't want to stray from Montreal much. I really like it there. It is beautiful in the fall, ski a little in the winter if you like. And the history is cool too. Beautiful part of the country and I hope you like it enough to make the change. (Just don't become a Bruins fan please).

Reactions: TLEH

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sitting through a training session where a "hacker" is pretending to livestream (with a fake chat sidebar) and I haven't felt like people producing something were more out of touch since 90s directors having a rap off scene while very clearly having no idea what rap was.

"The chat is going crazy" counter - I I I

• Haha
Reactions: Naster Okan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad