Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Well.... at least they made Rey more interesting this time? Like last time, this is entirely Kylo Ren's movie, and you spend every minute he's off screen waiting for him to get back so something meaningful can happen.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Fortunately, my name wasn't among the millions stolen.

Though seeing NN brought back up here reminded me of this tweet I saw on another site a few days ago.

Comcast playing cheap and dirty.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I had satellite internet for a year because it was the only alternative to Comcast. Never again.
Yeah, outside of satellites, Comcast is my only option as well. That's why killing Net Neutrality is such bullshit. ISPs know that the majority of Americans have only one or two legit options for internet. They have the consumers by the balls, and can nickel and dime without any repercussions from consumers.

BigAlSecord

Apr 11, 2015
I am going to do what I always do

I will wait for it to come out on DVD
You should see movies on the new OLED TVs. Holy crap. 65” LG. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos are amazing. Dark scenes (lots of movies) are so much better. Netflix/Amazon have a decent amount of titles with HDR now.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I still just enjoy the movie-going experience. There are certain movies that were immeasurably better on the big screen, like The Dark Knight, Interstellar, Dunkirk.... wait, am I just naming Nolan films?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You should see movies on the new OLED TVs. Holy crap. 65” LG. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos are amazing. Dark scenes (lots of movies) are so much better. Netflix/Amazon have a decent amount of titles with HDR now.

I'm waiting on the Panasonic TX-65EZ1002B to hit stateside before jumping into OLED.

For now, my VT50 plasma still looks great.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I haven't watched any of The Walking Dead Season 8... I just caught up this weekend...

Just end the show. The writers are just embarrassing themselves.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I haven't watched any of The Walking Dead Season 8... I just caught up this weekend...

Just end the show. The writers are just embarrassing themselves.

If the show doesn't Glenn this situation up, as a comic reader they will have gotten me on board for at least another half season. It's the first real shock since the beginning of season 7.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
But that's from somebody who loves the walking dead universe. I've spent over a $100 on the walking dead compendiums and $60 on the telltale games stories. I can forgive shoddy writing in exchange for some shocking twists.

I'm currently on volume 4 of the Saga series, a comic I'd highly recommend to anybody who's into graphic novels. It's GoT meets star wars with some Romeo and Juliet thrown in.

Also pumped for the Netflix original Bright which comes out Friday. It's similar to the Shadowrun universe, which is probably my all time favorite backdrop.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Biggest problem with twd for me is that I’m not invested in any of the characters that weren’t already on the show by around season 3. And that would bother me less if the plot wasn’t moving at a snail’s pace. I still watch it, but halfheartedly.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Last week I just finished up Season 7 of the TWD. It semi has my interest back but definitely kind of plodding along.

The guy that plays Negan is just masterful, though. I don't know how his character is in the comic/original story but he is just so entertaining to me.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No

An NTSB investigation team is going to scene

Also it was apparently the inaugural run for this new route for Amtrak trains. Gotta imagine that is something they will look at

77 people have been transported to hospitals

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I still just enjoy the movie-going experience. There are certain movies that were immeasurably better on the big screen, like The Dark Knight, Interstellar, Dunkirk.... wait, am I just naming Nolan films?

I am a huge Nolan fan and Interstellar might be my #1 movie. And yes, it does look better on the big screen.

If the show doesn't Glenn this situation up, as a comic reader they will have gotten me on board for at least another half season. It's the first real shock since the beginning of season 7.

But that's from somebody who loves the walking dead universe. I've spent over a $100 on the walking dead compendiums and $60 on the telltale games stories. I can forgive shoddy writing in exchange for some shocking twists.

I'm currently on volume 4 of the Saga series, a comic I'd highly recommend to anybody who's into graphic novels. It's GoT meets star wars with some Romeo and Juliet thrown in.

Also pumped for the Netflix original Bright which comes out Friday. It's similar to the Shadowrun universe, which is probably my all time favorite backdrop.

Well, I have moved over to binge watching TWD because I am no longer willing to play their games and be left on cliffhangers or the same ol circle play they want to do. I watch them in half seasons, gives me enough good content which I am happy. I thought Season 8 started off fantastic and then flat lined. Flatlined hard at episode 7, 8.

Biggest problem with twd for me is that I’m not invested in any of the characters that weren’t already on the show by around season 3. And that would bother me less if the plot wasn’t moving at a snail’s pace. I still watch it, but halfheartedly.

Bingo... Also, I miss Tyreese... that hammer was so BA.

There isn't a lot of content out there so I will take any TV content that is pretty good over no content. lol.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
So has the show completely strayed from the original story line in the novel at this point or is it close? I know the show has changed some things along the way but overall I'm curious what those who are more versed in the story have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad