Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
You were a big fan? So did Rooh change your mind? ;)

And no, I haven't seen it yet. Probably won't have time until next week sometime.

Hahah oops, guess I said that wrong!

I actually get to see it again already tonight because I know someone that wants to go. I’m glad, because I wanted to see it again for sure.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am going to do what I always do

I will wait for it to come out on DVD

Different experience unless you have a 70 inch 4k TV and amazing audio system for it. IMO.

Just wait for it to come out at like LaGrange Theater. I see a lot of movies there. You can go see a movie for like $6, and a couple can go and get popcorn and a drink and it's a $25 date night.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meh

I just don't like theater experience

Since 2003 the movies I have gone to theater to see

Dawn of the Dead (Matinee)
Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith
Iron Man 2

SW and IM2 someone else bought tickets and invited me to go so that is only reason I went

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Meh

I just don't like theater experience

Since 2003 the movies I have gone to theater to see

Dawn of the Dead (Matinee)
Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith
Iron Man 2

SW and IM2 someone else bought tickets and invited me to go so that is only reason I went

I get it. I hate going when you're crowded shoulder to shoulder with people. Every seat is filled. That's why I usually wait a week or two, at least, if it's a movie I really want to see in theaters. And I think I've been to like one movie ever at LaGrange where it wasn't borderline empty. It's usually 15-20 people in the room, at most.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I enjoy theatres, but I was thinking...and I think the last movie I saw a t a theatre was Rogue One. So it's been a year. Usually I go more often than that. It's just been a hectic year I guess.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Last movie I saw in the theater was "The Force Awakens" and the next one I see with be "The Last Jedi". I only go to theater when it's something I really, really want to see. Doesn't happen that often.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I went, was the 1st movie I saw in theaters since Sausage Party my last week of unemployment in August of last year on a half price Tuesday :laugh:

I just never go to movies. Wouldn't have gone to this if my GF didn't drag me.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I've seen about half a dozen in theaters on "date nights" with my GF in the past year, probably. And it's always either Hollywood Boulevard(it's 5 mins from our house in Bolingbrook) or LaGrange.

I just saw The Mountain Between Us a couple weeks ago at LaGrange. I liked that movie, although it was probably middle of the pack as far as reviews go. But I like Idris Elba, so I could be being a little biased.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Feel like Star Wars could make a terrible movie and people would love it for nostalgia alone

We have two examples of terrible Star Wars movies and people don't love them (Episode I and Episode II)

Nostalgia has certainly not helped Episode One nearly 20 years after fact ,, Infact almost everyone finds it cringeworthy and worse then they remembered watching it now

Revenge of the Sith was only prequel that wasn't terrible

Reactions: Sarava

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
We have two examples of terrible Star Wars movies and people don't love them (Episode I and Episode II)

Nostalgia has certainly not helped Episode One nearly 20 years after fact ,, Infact almost everyone finds it cringeworthy and worse then they remembered watching it now

Revenge of the Sith was only prequel that wasn't terrible

I agree with all this. Episodes 1&2 just weren't very good. They're miles behind epsiodes 3-8 and even Rogue One.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I have a 5 and 9 year old so I see almost every animated movie and super hero movie. Thor: Ragnarok was excellent.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I turned off Ep1 when they get to pod racing....unwatchable IMO.

I have a 5 and 9 year old so I see almost every animated movie and super hero movie. Thor: Ragnarok was excellent.

Agreed. Even if every superhero movie ends the same exact way, it was really entertaining.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Feel like Star Wars could make a terrible movie and people would love it for nostalgia alone

This movie is super weird in that respect, as far as ratings go. This is getting some really bad reviews from fans. Seems like s polarizing movie. You either like it a lot or like it very little.

On the other hand, critics love it.

How often does that happen? Makes me believe the movie is well done, but the way it’s told has Star Wars fans split. It’s an odd dynamic. So if someone don’t like it, it would indicate it’s not not that it’s poorly directed like 1 , 2, or 3, but rather that you’re they’re not pleased about the direction of the trilogy.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
I've seen about half a dozen in theaters on "date nights" with my GF in the past year, probably. And it's always either Hollywood Boulevard(it's 5 mins from our house in Bolingbrook) or LaGrange.

I just saw The Mountain Between Us a couple weeks ago at LaGrange. I liked that movie, although it was probably middle of the pack as far as reviews go. But I like Idris Elba, so I could be being a little biased.

The last movie I saw in theaters before TLJ was IT at a nice little old school cinema in downtown Downers Grove called the Tivoli. Old school organ before the show and everything. It's neat.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’ve never seen a Star Wars since the first three during my childhood, but I may get dragged to it this weekend. Will I be lost or can you pick up the storyline fairly easily? I need to know whether to bring my kindle.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I’ve never seen a Star Wars since the first three during my childhood, but I may get dragged to it this weekend. Will I be lost or can you pick up the storyline fairly easily? I need to know whether to bring my kindle.

Just do a quick google search of what to know and read a brief arricle quick. You’d be fine without that, but it may help clarify some things.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015

SMG in Wheaton or Ipic is 1000x better than HB. Those shitty office chairs ::shiver::

Ipic is pretty pricey tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad