Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Got a problem with the new site. Looks like you need to download your avatar onto your computer in order to upload it to HF. Not a big deal when it comes to simple images, however gifs seem like a thing of the past unless it's fixed. That means no playoff avatars!

Also, they seemed to increase the avatar size for normal posters. Says I can go 200x200, which I did but it doesn't look that size. Dammit, why don't you people just let my avatars be as big as I damn well please. I want people to have to scroll past it when looking at a thread!

Edit: DHF, I want you to know I was likely your first...like on HF. Your welcome.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Got a problem with the new site. Looks like you need to download your avatar onto your computer in order to upload it to HF. Not a big deal when it comes to simple images, however gifs seem like a thing of the past unless it's fixed. That means no playoff avatars!

Also, they seemed to increase the avatar size for normal posters. Says I can go 200x200, which I did but it doesn't look that size. Dammit, why don't you people just let my avatars be as big as I damn well please. I want people to have to scroll past it when looking at a thread!

Edit: DHF, I want you to know I was likely your first...like on HF. Your welcome.

Time for a 3am smoke on the deck. I'll make you a sandwich while I'm up.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Ok, more on the avatar bit...

200x200 is what they suggest an image to be before you use their fancy cropping tool. So the avatars aren't that size, the site will just allow you to crop large images without needing another site.

Also, BWC's Top 100 avatar (that I made) is stuck on the first image. Basically confirms that avatar gifs are currently dead on this site. Thought about making a thread in the support section to bring this point to the forefront, but I'll give it a few weeks to see if it turns around.

Edit: Well at least I get a free sandwich out of all this...

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
NFS, the site is saying that I lack sufficient privileges to post on the politics board. Any suggestions?

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
R.I.P. Old HF. :cry:

Attachments

• hfscreenshot.PNG
    hfscreenshot.PNG
    903 KB · Views: 3

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
NFS, the site is saying that I lack sufficient privileges to post on the politics board. Any suggestions?

It's saying the same to me. I'm not as prevalent on those boards as you, but sometimes I comment when I lurk. Dammit, why can't I comment while I lurk?

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Lol. I see everyone is changing their Status messages. They have a purpose now.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
All you mods should stand up for what you believe in and revolt against your HF overlords. I can take the reigns while you guys go on strike (I do have a vigilante hero as my current avatar after all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad