Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I did mean literally. Where is that? Guys are clearing landmines with sledgehammers? Is that really the best way to do it? There seem to be a lot of guys doing it.

I have so many questions.

The festival of San Juan de la Vega is a re-enactment of a 400-year-old skirmish between a wealthy miner named Juan Aquino de la Vega and some filthy bandits who stole his gold. As the story goes, Aquino was a devoted Catholic so Saint Juan Bautista intervened, and returned the gold to its rightful owner. In return for this miracle, Juan Aquino promised that he'd help the poor. In this way he became something of a Robin Hood type; stealing from the rich to help the disadvantaged. Today the town has taken his name and holds a seriously irresponsible festival in his honor.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...esake-with-fertiliser-bombs-and-sledgehammers

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It is sad

But it certainly is relief to my wallet and I wont have to continue shopping in Indiana

Yeah, that's good you don't have lug stuff back from IN. I'm honestly shocked the fight worked though, so where did they "say" this money was earmarked for, prisons?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Man, you are the biggest arm-chair commish :laugh:

AD hasn't been seen since Friday night -- nothing I can do if he decides to ghost us all.

Haha. I just don't wanna have to pay again, and then wait for a refund for a week again. Peeps got bills n shit lol.

I'll leave the armchair commish'n alone now, though. :thumbu:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
was listening to some great work and such this afternoon. the great dick dale, i still dick dale is the best. eric c, page and such. i then came across a swedish guitarist. not bad, but this is 1940's . thing is he plays with 2 left fingers and really good. django reinhardt. oh and he is a called in europe a Traveler .

Last edited:
Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
was listening to some great work and such this afternoon. the great dick dale, i still dick dale is the best. eric c, page and such. i then came across a swedish guitarist. not bad, but this is 1940's . thing is he plays with 2 left fingers and really good. django reinhardt. oh and he is a called in europe a Traveler .

Dude, that was cool as f***, would be fun to try that one for learning scales on acoustic.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Dude, that was cool as ****, would be fun to try that one for learning scales on acoustic.
can you imagine having to relearn the guitar.... he was in his late teens when he burned his hand. i think that is the story.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
can you imagine having to relearn the guitar.... he was in his late teens when he burned his hand. i think that is the story.

Yeah, that would be something. It's hard the first time with 2 good hands.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie. I moved back to Central Illinois after seven years in Cook County (four in Hoffman Estates and three in Evanston), I do miss a lot about living up there after moving back downstate. The taxes are not one of them, though.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
In other news, full-blown addicted to Breath of the Wild. Might very well be a top five game of all time for me along with Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Link to the Past, and Okami. Putting a couple late night hours in daily on the game and just still so damn engrossed. Even as an open world fan, this one just feels so much better fleshed out than essentially anything else.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Booked my flight after the Cubs game, flying out Tuesday.... lotta bourbon last night, though. Might want to double check I picked the right city to fly into. :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Booked my flight after the Cubs game, flying out Tuesday.... lotta bourbon last night, though. Might want to double check I picked the right city to fly into. :laugh:

That's crazy dude, how are you gonna move your stuff?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That's crazy dude, how are you gonna move your stuff?

We sold most our shit in Atlanta. Don't have any furniture to move. We can pack 100 pounds of stuff per car. Rest I'll just FedEx with a work account we have, which won't be much. 2 free checked bags that will fit more than half our clothes.

Renting a furnished apartment for the time being until we figure out where we want to be more long term. After we sort that out we'll buy new furniture.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We sold most our **** in Atlanta. Don't have any furniture to move. We can pack 100 pounds of stuff per car. Rest I'll just FedEx with a work account we have, which won't be much. 2 free checked bags that will fit more than half our clothes.

Renting a furnished apartment for the time being until we figure out where we want to be more long term. After we sort that out we'll buy new furniture.
wish the best for you and yours in starting over......

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I hear they love that stuff in Utah :sarcasm:

Speaking of whiskey, High West was a really cool spot when we went. Think you quoted me when I mentioned that was on the agenda before went. Food was only ok, but will look forward to going back for the booze.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We sold most our **** in Atlanta. Don't have any furniture to move. We can pack 100 pounds of stuff per car. Rest I'll just FedEx with a work account we have, which won't be much. 2 free checked bags that will fit more than half our clothes.

That's gonna be a crazy drive from FL to UT, gonna stop anywhere in particular to see or eat or just busting through it as quick as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad