Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
when i worked, i love it, b/c of the job i was doing and it was like working on a daily puzzle with a time clock on it. so yeah i accumulated a lot of hours.... even when my children were born. then i burned thru it when i got sick...... take it from me, save all the time you can when you can. for that emergency.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I wanted to dislike this, but they didn't include the button, so a like it is.

I have 2 days left. But I'm off the entire week of Christmas from December 21st - January 2nd. Not counting those. If I were, I'd have 7 left. I actually balanced my PTO out really well this year. Doesn't always happen that way for me.

Edit: I'm apparently bad at maths. I'd have 9 left. :laugh:

Are you European? I've noticed Europeans generally refer to math as 'maths', and I've never understood why?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Are you European? I've noticed Europeans generally refer to math as 'maths', and I've never understood why?

Nah. I was just being goofy adding an s on it. I'm of Euro descent, but my family has been here since my grandparents on both sides. Both of my parents were born here.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Like European with an accent, as in English is their second language? Because some words just come out different when you're used to a different language. I've seen people do it for a lifetime. Don't correct them on it, either, lol.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Dropping the wife off at the airport for her to head back to SLC for a round of interviews..... on a one way ticket. :eek:

giphy.gif

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Like European with an accent, as in English is their second language? Because some words just come out different when you're used to a different language. I've seen people do it for a lifetime. Don't correct them on it, either, lol.

Not an accent thing. Intentional s at the end.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
All this shit coming out about Harvey Weinstein is disgusting to read. He was basically running his own version of "The Casting Couch" in Hollywood, it seems. What a scum-bag. I seriously hope they can bring charges against him in some way. Just a disgusting excuse for a man, husband, father, and person. And f*** Affleck, Damon, and any other scum-bag that knew about his behavior and never came forward.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That would be OCMC dropping a bomb on the conversation. :laugh:

If you mean literally... it looks like a guy hitting a landmine with a sledgehammer for some reason?

I want to know what happened to the sledge hammer after it flew out of his hands and straight up into the air. :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
On another note... my company moved into the Oakbrook Terrace tower last October. The giant tower off Kingery that looks like it belongs in Chicago and not Oakbrook...

For months and months now I've occasionally seen large groups of plain clothes guys with weapons on their hips, carrying duffel bags and bulletproof vests in the lobby. Just realized that The US Department of Homeland Security has a field office in the building. :eek:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That would be OCMC dropping a bomb on the conversation. :laugh:

If you mean literally... it looks like a guy hitting a landmine with a sledgehammer for some reason?

I did mean literally. Where is that? Guys are clearing landmines with sledgehammers? Is that really the best way to do it? There seem to be a lot of guys doing it.

I have so many questions.

Reactions: RayP

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
For some r
I did mean literally. Where is that? Guys are clearing landmines with sledgehammers? Is that really the best way to do it? There seem to be a lot of guys doing it.

I have so many questions.

Well they didn't blow themselves up and/or die, which I think is the one and only gauge for "best way to blow up a land mine"

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cook County absurd penny an ounce beverage tax has been repealed by a 15-2 vote (They have enough votes to override any veto from Preckwinkle)

Will be removed Dec 1st

Great day for Cook County residents and business owners

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Cook County absurd penny an ounce beverage tax has been repealed by a 15-2 vote (They have enough votes to override any veto from Preckwinkle)

Will be removed Dec 1st

Great day for Cook County residents and business owners

Great, yes. Also sad though that of all of the things that been forced on us, it took sugar to bring us together to make change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad