OT: Anything Goes 24: Don't Set Your iPhone to 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
A guy I know from another board who I see him 3-4 times a year saw Pat Foley about a year ago in a bar downtown. He sent him a beer and Foley came over to thank him. He said "I loved your work in NHL Open Ice," and Foley said "You remember that piece of ****?"

I only remember playing it a handful of times, but my buddy had Gretzky's 3D Hockey on N64, which was really similar.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Did anybody besides me like the hockey equivalent of NBA Jam, NHL Open Ice? Foley was the commentator in that game.

I loved that game. Had the arcade version for a bit. It's on the Playstation 1 also. My favorite arcade fighting game is Marvel vs Capcom 2. I never take time to learn combos or anything but that game is easier for a button-masher like me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My go to these days are third and first person open world games. Been putting a lot of time into Fallout 4 (only thing I've played on my Playstation 4 since I've gotten it). Just love exploration and time sinks. Aside from finally giving Black Flag a chance once I'm done with Fallout 4, the top games I want to get are all in this general genre (Shadows of Mordor, Just Cause 3, and Mad Max).

And to go on topic (for the title), listened to the Rooster Teeth podcast a short while ago, and Gavin (of Slow Mo Guys) bricked his iPhone deliberately by doing the 1970 trick just to see if it'd actually happen.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
For those that care, I changed my username. Formerly xx Hot Fuss. Looking back on my join date (8/24/11) I remember exactly why I chose that one. I found my old copy of "Hot Fuss" in my room and having not listened to it in years, I became obsessed with it again. Hard to chose a favorite track off that album but here's mine...

I'll always love The Killers but I've been really, REALLY into Tame Impala over the past year. They're like a modern, psychedelic John Lennon. If you haven't given them a listen yet you should!

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Did anybody besides me like the hockey equivalent of NBA Jam, NHL Open Ice? Foley was the commentator in that game.

I actually found a copy of it in a used games/record store in town about a year ago for $3 so naturally I snatched it up knowing Pat did the commentary. Still fun to pop in every now and then especially after a few drinks.

Also, I saw Deadpool last night. HIGHLY recommended. It might just be my favorite non-Nolan superhero movie so far.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
This Sunday one of the Norris Division's biggest rivalries as of late finally goes outdoors.

To me deep down sometimes the Central is still the Norris even though it has a different line-up from the classic era. I sometimes refer to the other divisions by their classic names too. Which is especially true of the Metro Division, which for all intents and purposes is the classic Patrick Division with two additional members.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I actually found a copy of it in a used games/record store in town about a year ago for $3 so naturally I snatched it up knowing Pat did the commentary. Still fun to pop in every now and then especially after a few drinks.

Also, I saw Deadpool last night. HIGHLY recommended. It might just be my favorite non-Nolan superhero movie so far.

Ryan Reynolds is atrocious at comedy and can't deliver sarcastic lines to save his life.

For that reason I'm not sure I could watch it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Tame Impala is awesome. The vid for The Less I Know the Better is hilarious.

Yeah I love that video. They're really good live too. If you ever have a chance to see them you should check them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad