OT: Anything Goes 24: Don't Set Your iPhone to 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Just a piece of advice:

If you see something on the internet that says to set your phone back to Jan 1, 1970 to get a new look on your phone..

Don't do it. Do. Not. Do. It.

24 hours later and I just got my phone working again. It bricks your phone and makes it extremely difficult to get it back working. Can't believe I fell for it, but who thought changing the date on your phone could do so much damage?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Just a piece of advice:

If you see something on the internet that says to set your phone back to Jan 1, 1970 to get a new look on your phone..

Don't do it. Do. Not. Do. It.

24 hours later and I just got my phone working again. It bricks your phone and makes it extremely difficult to get it back working. Can't believe I fell for it, but who thought changing the date on your phone could do so much damage?

I saw an article about that the other day. http://www.wired.com/2016/02/dont-set-your-iphone-back-to-1970-no-matter-what/

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
You can get past it without having to take the phone in. You just have to wait for it to die. And I mean completely die. Not where it has battery and tells you to plug in, but the point where not a single thing pops up. It's a waiting game, but it's much better than having to send it in or, if you don't have warranty, buy a new phone.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
I met my girlfriend on Tinder. It's turned out pretty well so far.

There will always be exceptions.

But, the best bet is always to just pony up and use a paid dating site. They really do work quite well. (Not speaking from experience, but numbers)

I'm trying to convince my friend to stop using Tinder, it typically causes him to run into immature women.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I'm trying to convince my friend to stop using Tinder, it typically causes him to run into immature women.

This should be expected, but that doesn't make Tinder a bad thing. It should be used for fun and the girls you meet on it shouldn't be taken seriously.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
This should be expected, but that doesn't make Tinder a bad thing. It should be used for fun and the girls you meet on it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Exactly:laugh: He says its fun (He once had a date with a Crazy nazi witch lady lol), but he only really meets women through Tinder and still wonders why he's not finding mature women.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Exactly:laugh: He says its fun (He once had a date with a Crazy nazi witch lady lol), but he only really meets women through Tinder and still wonders why he's not finding mature women.

Maybe the mature women on tinder have boring profiles?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So I call up Uverse to complain about my bill and they switch me to Direct TV for a much lower bill. I know they are both owned by AT&T now but it seemed like a strange tactic. It's a constant game with these service providers. If I could get a good source of live sports online I'd be done.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Watching high level playrs play Street Fighter V on Twitch is blowing my mind.

How do you think that fast?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh, I'm mostly indifferent.... though truth be told, if I had a choice to own any arcade cabinet in existence, Street Fighter II Turbo would be right up there. Or TMNT. Probably that, actually. Or NBA Jam. Hell, any one of those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad