Anything Goes 22: Portillo's GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
There was some cool anvil-crawler and sheet lightning tonight. The sky was also a very lovely shade of piss yellow. :laugh:

I saw some pictures of the sky. That looked crazy. Back home we have some very strong straight line winds. Destroyed some smaller buildings and took roofs off several things. Two semis got knocked over on the highway. Just some nasty stuff.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Meh, I can't really get behind Leinenkugel, a company whose own advertising bragged about how their most popular beverage came from a bartender watering down his drinks.

If I wanted lemonade in my beer, I'd just have lemonade and a beer.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Oh hey I'm going to the draft too. Mostly just because I wanna see the cup. Never been to a Marlins game though... lived in Miami for 10 years and never went to a single game. o.o

I can't blame anyone for not supporting the Marlins. Pretty much everything Jeffrey Loria has done was a disgrace to baseball. But I try to go see a game every time I'm in a new city, the Marlins will be my 12th different MLB park at which I've seen a game. Oddly enough, I've been to every AL East stadium but this will be my first NL East one.

I'm definitely more excited for the draft though. It's been a bucket list item of sorts for me to attend it and it worked out this year.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Quite a few shredded and downed trees in my neighborhood this morning, luckily we escaped the damage and the tornadoes stayed away from here. Growing up in the city, storms there don't even come close to the intensity that they do here just 45 miles to the south.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Forgot to tell you guys, my birthday is today :naughty:

Happy birthday, OCMC!

Quite a few shredded and downed trees in my neighborhood this morning, luckily we escaped the damage and the tornadoes stayed away from here. Growing up in the city, storms there don't even come close to the intensity that they do here just 45 miles to the south.

Glad to hear that you managed to get out of those storms unscathed. They looked pretty nasty in some parts.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Happy bday! Hope it's a Cubs icy cold bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale quality one and not a ChiSox warm can of Milwaukee's Best Lite quality one. ;)

Couldn't help but laugh at this one :laugh: Thanks everybody, appreciate the kind words! What type of beer should I go with tonight?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Happy birthday Captain!

I drink Coors Light, but then get yelled at by NFS for not knowing beer :p:

Well, guess is depends on the occasion. For something like this, I like go to with something a little different. Now that doesn't mean fancy of top of the line, I just mean out of the ordinary. So, I went with Corona with limes of course :) it's nothing too much, but something I really like and don't have often. Just kinda funny because I'm all the way up in Minnesota, pretty far away from the land of Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad