Anything Goes 22: Portillo's GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've only gone fishing a couple times, and always from the shore or a dock. Enjoyed it, but never so much as to do it habitually or to spend money on the equipment for it.

member 151739

I hate that feeling where you're talking to someone and you can just tell they don't wanna talk to you.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Another successful day fishing. Little captain and rum with the fam to help me get some sleep tonight. Although I won't need it, because man in tired. I'm heading to bed wayyy early, I'm usually a 1 am type of guy. Wish I could do stuff like this more often, though maybe I guess that's part of what makes it so special.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Depressing 39th page so far.
Time for me to contribute!!!
My family's on vacation while I'm at home searching for a job that can help me through college. First day they're away, I come down with a 104 oF fever. I haven't slept more than 3 hours in 2 1/2 days.

Bright side: My interview went well, and I've had plenty of time to catch up on GoT.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I'll be going to Miami for a week on Friday (which means 4 long days of work are incoming). This will include going to the draft and a Marlins game.

I was surprised that I paid more for a Wednesday night Marlins game than I did for a Sunday afternoon Sox game. Apparently Marlins ticketholders don't use StubHub, or at least they don't sell below face value.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
I'm going to New Buffalo, Michigan for the 4th of July weekend. Then for the weekend of July 18, I'm taking my fiance to Indianapolis for the weekend (DMB concert on wednesday).

October 9th and we'll be in Europe on our honeymoon!

Gonna be a ****ing awesome summer/fall.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Anyone else here tried the Leinenkugel Grapefruit Shandy? Had it last week and right now I'm on a kick with it. Time to cook up some of dem fish we been catchin :naughty:

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I'll be going to Miami for a week on Friday (which means 4 long days of work are incoming). This will include going to the draft and a Marlins game.

I was surprised that I paid more for a Wednesday night Marlins game than I did for a Sunday afternoon Sox game. Apparently Marlins ticketholders don't use StubHub, or at least they don't sell below face value.

Oh hey I'm going to the draft too. Mostly just because I wanna see the cup. Never been to a Marlins game though... lived in Miami for 10 years and never went to a single game. o.o

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Sounds like the Marlins have the same problem as 3 years ago before they drastically dropped prices.

Of course, they went into the total ****ter since then, so the price drop hasn't aided numbers much :laugh:

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Anyone else here tried the Leinenkugel Grapefruit Shandy? Had it last week and right now I'm on a kick with it. Time to cook up some of dem fish we been catchin :naughty:

Sounds like a good trip bro. What have you been catching and eating? On my trip we just did catch and release, but if we ever got a walleye, we were frying that baby up.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Sounds like a good trip bro. What have you been catching and eating? On my trip we just did catch and release, but if we ever got a walleye, we were frying that baby up.

Tonight we fried some blue gills and crappies. I got a 12" blue gill yesterday that we got to eat tonight. But besides that, we've also been catching bass (got a 17" one today), rock bass, northern pikes, and another type that I can't remember right now. We got a pretty good variety. Throw back about 2 or 3 times what we catch, but we've caught about 60 each day so far. Today was really windy so that was pretty tough, but that's supposed to settle down tonight and be good the next couple days. It really has been awesome, and tonight we are actually supposed to be able to see the Northern Lights. Should be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad