OT: Anything Goes 16: Things that'll never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Had a fun couple days in St. Louis for the Pearl Jam concert. Before the show started, instead of the usual playing of music over the PA, they had game 1 of the Cards/Dodgers game on. The place was going berserk when they had that 8 run inning. We actually missed the last 2 runs in that inning, because the show finally started up after Kershaw got yanked and the game was on commercial break. I think that big inning delayed the start of the concert. Was a great show, as Pearl Jam always is. The highlight was Eddie doing a solo version of Imagine.

Eddie Vedder mentioned that a certain team is about to get real good, and that this was the last time he would publicly cheer for the Cardinals. He then asked the crowd to return the favor, and pointed out Kerry Wood in the crowd for the show. The fans gave Kerry Wood a very good applause/ovation.

Thought I was going to get in a fight leaving the place. I was wearing my Hawks windbreaker (it was really cold on Friday night in St. Louis) and a very drunk Blues fan started yelling profanities at me...though it settled down quickly. He then admit he is jealous of our success in Chicago!

All in all was a great time. Out hotel was right next to Busch stadium, so we had a good fill of playoff atmosphere. I don't know where this 'Cardinal fans are arrogant jerks' stuff comes from...I saw none of that. They seemed no different than fans up here of our teams are. I even got a free Cardinals hat from the 'Ballpark Village'..and it's a very well made hat. Posted a pic of myself wearing it on facebook to piss off my sister! heh

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
All in all was a great time. Out hotel was right next to Busch stadium, so we had a good fill of playoff atmosphere. I don't know where this 'Cardinal fans are arrogant jerks' stuff comes from...I saw none of that. They seemed no different than fans up here of our teams are. I even got a free Cardinals hat from the 'Ballpark Village'..and it's a very well made hat. Posted a pic of myself wearing it on facebook to piss off my sister! heh

Maybe you should, I dunno, experience a Cardinals game and not a concert of a pretty chill band :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Cardinals fans are the best fans I have ever met. That being said, there is an ugly side to that fanbase that takes credit for the goodness of the great fans without merit.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Whatever you say buddy.

I'll buy it again next time I'm there if it's still priced wrong, and won't feel guilty one bit.

Retail markup for wine/liquor is 30-40%, which means the store's cogs for the bottle you purchased are in the $140-$150 range. So they lost approximately $125 on your purchase.

Yeah, you should feel real proud of yourself.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If they have an issue with losing money, then they have an issue with their employees pricing things wrong and not paying closer attention to inventory.

Try and guilt trip me all you want, I still don't care.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Retail markup for wine/liquor is 30-40%, which means the store's cogs for the bottle you purchased are in the $140-$150 range. So they lost approximately $125 on your purchase.

Yeah, you should feel real proud of yourself.

500px-Get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
If they have an issue with losing money, then they have an issue with their employees pricing things wrong and not paying closer attention to inventory.

Try and guilt trip me all you want, I still don't care.

I'm not your mom, and I'm not guilting you. The decent thing would be to notify them of their clerical error, rather than take advantage of it. You're the one who has to live with yourself, and what it says about your character.

Not appreciating ray's tale of thievery is being on a high horse? smh...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah I think I'll live with myself just fine knowing that liquor store jobs thousands of people a day and each location makes millions a year. Oh how will I ever live with myself.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
In other news, saw Gone Girl yesterday.

Good movie, would recommend.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Don't worry hawksrule, I paid full price for my tickets and didn't sneak in like the con artist I am.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
But if they inadvertently undercharged you by 90%, I'm sure you'd be all right with it. After all, movie theaters make a lot of money, so it's okay to steal from them.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
I'm not your mom, and I'm not guilting you. The decent thing would be to notify them of their clerical error, rather than take advantage of it. You're the one who has to live with yourself, and what it says about your character.

Not appreciating ray's tale of thievery is being on a high horse? smh...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If I ever meet up with any of you guys for a beer, I strongly suggest you duct tape your wallets to your inner thigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad