OT: Anything Goes 15: Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, 416 and 647 are Toronto area codes.

I think there's one more, but I never encountered in four years living there.

Hah, I was just kidding, sort of. I have no idea what or where any Canadian area codes are... but was just being the typical annoying American that thinks everything in Canada is near Toronto. :laugh:

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Just picked up two 100 level tickets off stubhub for $94 each to the Montreal preseason game with ketel one club passes included.. I am cautiously ecstatic since the other tickets in that section were going for $185 each and I can't tell if this is for realz

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Has anyone been down to St. Louis for a visit? I'm going October 3rd for the Pearl Jam concert at the Scottrade Center (where the Blues play). Is that area around the arena decent? Just looking to get a hotel for that one night ...preferably within a block or two if it's in a good area.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Has anyone been down to St. Louis for a visit? I'm going October 3rd for the Pearl Jam concert at the Scottrade Center (where the Blues play). Is that area around the arena decent? Just looking to get a hotel for that one night ...preferably within a block or two if it's in a good area.

I stayed a night in St. Louis when I did a college visit to mizzou a few years ago. We stayed in a hotel across from Busch stadium, I think it was called the Westin St. Louis or something like that. That was pretty nice and the area around it isn't bad at all, but I think that's a little more than just a couple blocks from the Scottrade Center. We walked all around St. Louis from there and it wasn't that bad anywhere from what I can remember, at least during the day

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
i stayed in st louis for a couple nights in high school to visit wash u. parts of the city are super nice

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm in a bit of a social dilemma. I've got a solid group of friends and I love them to death but I want to start meeting new people. I'm also the only one in my friend group that is single. Over the past year i've been casually dating some girls but (to my exponentially growing boredom) they're usually just girls I work with.

My friends are pretty content with going to one of their places, drinking, and having a great time with their boyfriends/girlfriends and me. I love spending time with them but I'm finding it harder and harder to meet new people, especially girls, when i'm doing this all the time.

It's not even just about finding a girlfriend. That would be cool but I love meeting new people, making new friends, and trying new things. It's exciting and I haven't been doing enough of it the past 2 years. I'm not sure how to go about this and could use some input to help cure my social boredom.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm in a bit of a social dilemma. I've got a solid group of friends and I love them to death but I want to start meeting new people. I'm also the only one in my friend group that is single. Over the past year i've been casually dating some girls but (to my exponentially growing boredom) they're usually just girls I work with.

My friends are pretty content with going to one of their places, drinking, and having a great time with their boyfriends/girlfriends and me. I love spending time with them but I'm finding it harder and harder to meet new people, especially girls, when i'm doing this all the time.

It's not even just about finding a girlfriend. That would be cool but I love meeting new people, making new friends, and trying new things. It's exciting and I haven't been doing enough of it the past 2 years. I'm not sure how to go about this and could use some input to help cure my social boredom.

Do you work with any guys? Play any sports? There's rec leagues of all kinds, and even some co-ed ones where you can just sign up and get on a team. Be a great way to meet people.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah most of my friends are from work. I've been playing dev-hockey for a year + now but there aren't any guys my age. It's all 30+ or 40+ guys with families and beer bellies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Can't really give you advise in that category, as I'm mostly a loner socially.

And my vacation is sadly over. At Raleigh-Durham airport waiting for my flight into Midway. Good times in North Carolina, though. Love all three areas I spent, Topsail on the coast, the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham), and the similarly named Triad (Greensboro/Winston-Salem). Third time I've been here, too, and already have the groundwork laid for a visit in March when the Hawks are at the Canes.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah most of my friends are from work. I've been playing dev-hockey for a year + now but there aren't any guys my age. It's all 30+ or 40+ guys with families and beer bellies.

I'd look into co-ed rec leagues, like volleyball, softball, etc. Plus some bars in the summer will run leagues like that too, especially beach volleyball and things like that.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'd look into co-ed rec leagues, like volleyball, softball, etc. Plus some bars in the summer will run leagues like that too, especially beach volleyball and things like that.

We have a co-ed beer drinking kickball leagues out here.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I was just there on Wednesday, went to the Cards game. The downtown area is decent.... I wouldn't stray to far from there. We went to the bars across the street from the Stadium which were pretty good.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
This is nuts

BsXzZR0CMAEr-RV.jpg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Chicago is so stupid

Cancelled Taste of Chicago today because of morning rain.. People were pissed who went down there today from what I understand

No reason they couldn't have opened in early afternoon when rain was all gone and sun out.

When I was a kid it rained one of the days and they shut it down for a couple hours and reopened

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Chicago is so stupid

Cancelled Taste of Chicago today because of morning rain.. People were pissed who went down there today from what I understand

No reason they couldn't have opened in early afternoon when rain was all gone and sun out.

When I was a kid it rained one of the days and they shut it down for a couple hours and reopened

I spent a lot of time driving around the north side today. There was a lot of standing water here or there as i drove all over. If it was worse by the lake (very possible), then I can see why they would have done that.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I cant figure out how anyone can make a curved line much less a detailed picture on etch-a-sketch. Had that as a kid and failed miserably.

And why does this title make me want to put on some Amy Winehouse?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I haven't been this hungover since... Well, probably a week, 2 at the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad