OT: Anything Goes 15: Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I cannot do the late night drinking before work anymore. Getting too old for that crap.

For a while I couldn't either, but I'm back to being able to stay out late, get 2-3 hours of sleep, and stumble in and be relatively fine the next morning. Not saying I enjoy it, but if something fun is going on, I won't not go because I'm worried about a hangover on a work day.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think the worst I ever had it was when we started drinking around 3 in the afternoon, stayed out till about 3:30am, and I had to be up and out the door by 5:30am, and had meetings at 7:00am. I was so drunk that night I was honestly concerned about getting a DUI on the way there. I just told people at work I thought I had the flu, which probably didn't fool them but I didn't really care and hated the people I worked for.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
When my alarm went off at 630 this morning I just wanted to die. Almost fell off the bed.
Meh. Lol. It was fun at least. All that matters.... right?!

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I think the worst I ever had it was when we started drinking around 3 in the afternoon, stayed out till about 3:30am, and I had to be up and out the door by 5:30am, and had meetings at 7:00am. I was so drunk that night I was honestly concerned about getting a DUI on the way there. I just told people at work I thought I had the flu, which probably didn't fool them but I didn't really care and hated the people I worked for.

Yeah, the Irish flu.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Awesome news!

And another solid day in North Carolina. Sunburn's only a mild inconvenience now, visited Guilford Courthouse, and caught a Single A Greensboro Grasshoppers game (which is also where I learned about the Kane and Toews extensions).

Going to Appomattox tomorrow and likely either a Burlington Royals or a Carolina Mudcats game on Friday.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Yeah, the Irish flu.

Racist. :shakehead :sarcasm:

My sister's path reports came back today and are 100% benign. Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Congrats to you and your sister on that great news.

Awesome news!

And another solid day in North Carolina. Sunburn's only a mild inconvenience now, visited Guilford Courthouse, and caught a Single A Greensboro Grasshoppers game (which is also where I learned about the Kane and Toews extensions).

Going to Appomattox tomorrow and likely either a Burlington Royals or a Carolina Mudcats game on Friday.

How was Guilford Courthouse? A year or two ago I found out that one of my ancestors fought in that battle and have thought about checking it out some day.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for the info.

In other news I wish I knew who in my beginning yoga class complained to the instructor that it wasn't hard enough so I could inflict upon them the soreness I am feeling today after yesterdays class.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Edit: Great to hear about your sister man!

For two years now I've been trying to leave Aurora. I've gone through two groups of friends that said they were serious and it blew up in my face twice. California, Seattle, even Chicago, it's impossible.

Our 3rd potential roommate just dropped out. It's feasible for two people to live in Logan Square, Ukranian Village, or somewhere like that right? Our max rent will be $650 each.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
My sister's path reports came back today and are 100% benign. Thanks again for all the well wishes.

:nod:

That's really good to hear. We went through that with my mom pretty recently so I know how stressful it can be (and I'm also guessing that your sister is much younger than my mom is - i guess maybe that doesn't matter, but still...).

Hey, if the Canadians can drink milk out of bags, then I can drink beer out of bags. What's the difference?

Those are non-416 Canadians...who don't really matter. But to answer your question, if the non-416ers drink their milk out of bags, there's no reason that the 'Mericans can't drink beer out of them.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Guys I just has 4 Moscow Mules. God it was phenomenal. It was because of all the hype on hfboards via you guys. So I must say thank you.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
:nod:

That's really good to hear. We went through that with my mom pretty recently so I know how stressful it can be (and I'm also guessing that your sister is much younger than my mom is - i guess maybe that doesn't matter, but still...).

Those are non-416 Canadians...who don't really matter. But to answer your question, if the non-416ers drink their milk out of bags, there's no reason that the 'Mericans can't drink beer out of them.

That's near Toronto, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad