OT: Anyone want to come with me to Friday's game?

BroadwayJay*

I would like to submit my name. I do live 2,000 miles away but if Bones can make it all the way to Brooklyn from LI for a game, I sure as hell can get my lazy ass on a plane. Can't be any worse than the LIRR. And probably quicker too.

Probably cheaper as well. $28! Just to go to an Islander game!!!!!

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
This could have been your chance!

I was hoping there would be someone who can't afford to go to a game, college student maybe, I don't know.

Just trying to do a good thing for a fellow Isles fan.

Is that because no matter how old you get they stay the same age?!?! Amiright??? :naughty:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I heard she has some free time on her hands and is an Isles fan:

kate-murray-islanders.jpg

rileymac79

Nov 18, 2009
Winnipeg
Just finishing my poutine, and about to lock up the Igloo... should be there by game time eh depending on the dog sledding conditions

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Just finishing my poutine, and about to lock up the Igloo... should be there by game time eh depending on the dog sledding conditions

I heard there was a jackknifed trailer on every road in jersey -- allow for delays.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Not only can I talk CORSI, but I can discuss the relationships and differences between statistics, subjective probabilities, and objective chances/causal factors. I can also listen to and share charming anecdata regarding the tender aspects of fatherhood. I'm known for my acerbic wit. Unlike Darth Milbury, for me, size doesn't matter. I think I'm one of the better, or at least above-average, diminutive candidates this side (i.e. West) of Flatbush Ave posting on this thread. I'm modest, too.

That said, I wouldn't be able to get onto the G at Ft. Hamilton until approx 6:45. That would put me at Barclays anywhere between 7:05 and 7:20.

I beseech you to consider my application. But I take disappointment well. Really, I do.

BroadwayJay*

Not only can I talk CORSI, but I can discuss the relationships and differences between statistics, subjective probabilities, and objective chances/causal factors. I can also listen to and share charming anecdata regarding the tender aspects of fatherhood. I'm known for my acerbic wit. Unlike Darth Milbury, for me, size doesn't matter. I think I'm one of the better, or at least above-average, diminutive candidates this side (i.e. West) of Flatbush Ave posting on this thread. I'm modest, too.

That said, I wouldn't be able to get onto the G at Ft. Hamilton until approx 6:45. That would put me at Barclays anywhere between 7:05 and 7:20.

I beseech you to consider my application. But I take disappointment well. Really, I do.

This is an outstanding applicant folks.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Good on ya, Optimistic Stats Guy. I'm too old to attend, it seems. And I have far too many children with far more needs. But the gesture was nice.
On a mostly tangential note, I once purchased tixx to a Jets game in the late 80's for the cost of today's in-game singleton beer. Hopefully you get at least the promise of a six pack should you end up going it alone.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island

You had me at beseech. :laugh:

I'd give you a ticket if I had one!

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015
3,716 Miles
5,979 Kilometer
3,226 Nautical Miles

Is how far away i am - Airfare included in the ticket?

2Olson

Nov 10, 2014
broke college kid here, it seems that i fit the criteria.

awesome gesture man but i won't be submitting an application.

besides, you wouldn't want to watch an isles game with a "eye test" guy like me. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad