Anyone switch from player to goalie?

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Hey guys, I'm 12-15 games in or so of different varieties. Got a call for a 90 minute fill in this past week with some heavy hitters.

My question is, What is the protocol for taking ringers to the head?

One guy blasted a snapshot in the game and my head was ringing and I felt disoriented. I dropped my head and they stopped the play right away because they had seen me get hit in the mask.

Should I have kept trying to play or should Is it common for game play to stop when a goalie gets a bad ringer in ball hockey

If there's a referee involved, they'll usually blow the play dead if you take a shot to the head and appear adversely affected.

If it's not a game involving a referee, then make sure you're okay before worrying about a game. Don't mess around when it comes to your head.

Reactions: varano

goalie29

Oct 17, 2010
Canada
What kind of protection are you wearing? Did the shot hit you on the side of the head or the front? I'm trying to imagine getting my bell rung by an orange ball, especially just from a snapshot, and not comprehending.

As for the stoppage - it depends on the rules of your league. My ice league the rule is the whistle goes when the goalie takes any shot to the head. My ball hockey league has no such rule, so I would imagine it would be the same thing as any injured player if the goalie gets hurt.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I did basically the opposite, switching from goaltender to skater...but my default advice is always that goaltending requires a far better skater than most people imagine. But, if you're talking about ball hockey...i have absolutely no idea whatsoever. I've never played that seriously at all.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
What kind of protection are you wearing? Did the shot hit you on the side of the head or the front? I'm trying to imagine getting my bell rung by an orange ball, especially just from a snapshot, and not comprehending.

As for the stoppage - it depends on the rules of your league. My ice league the rule is the whistle goes when the goalie takes any shot to the head. My ball hockey league has no such rule, so I would imagine it would be the same thing as any injured player if the goalie gets hurt.
Itech 4600.

Im having trouble remembering truthfully... It wasn't a snap shot it was a slapper. My bad. I just remember getting hit, and hearing guys around me saying "that was a ringer for sure"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad