Anybody want a do-over?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Did you post this thread just to brag that you were one of four people to predict they'd miss the playoffs?

Congrats, I guess...

When he answers you, he is going to rant about Toews and Seabrook and how they affect his prediction.

Reactions: RayP

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
When he answers you, he is going to rant about Toews and Seabrook and how they affect his prediction.

You could see this was barely a wildcard playoff team going into the season ... other teams have improved more so than the Hawks

Crawford's great play saved this team early ... without him forget it

I am not the poster boy for the anti- Toews and Seabrook club .... HF50 started that long ago as well as others .... if you cant see Toews and Seabrooks declining play then Im not sure what you are watching. I started seeing what HF50 saw long ago with calling Toews macho-peecho, country club etc etc

Its painful to see the Captain struggling but he gets a pass from many here because of his past .... his play isnt what it was ... just watch the games and see the results.

I was a huge Seabrook fan ... but its painfully obvious he has slowed ... he can still be useful with protected minutes but Hawks cant justify that contract for the next 6 years

You can blame the coach but he is the same coach who has led the team to 3 cups ... his system is the same .... did the players tune him out ... or a combo of player performance + coach?

Time for changes or keep wearing those rose colored glasses and believe its a few posters who are unfairly pointing out flaws in your favorite players?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Toews and Seabrook aint my favourite players. Still, the thing what bugs me is that you just rant about them. Nothing else.

Okey that latest post was the best and most analystic post what I’ve read from you. So props for that.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
My pre-season thought have pretty much come to fruition. I thought the D would be suspect. It is. I thought Duncs would decline. He has. I felt Seabs and Toews would not rebound. They have not rebounded. My prediction of likely not making the playoffs was pretty accurate. Now...

I definitely did not see Winnipeg as being where they are --- I did not expect that much from them. I expected more from the Wild. I had no notion that the Golden Knights would be as they are. But generally, the Hawks division is pretty much like one would expect (except Winnipeg better than at least I thought.). Oh... I did not see the Avalanche finishing above the Hawks --- I expected the Hawks to have one below them. Seemingly no!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Why stop at the beginning of the season? Hot Tub Time Machine. I'm giving a swift slap to the face to Stan before he offers Seabrook an extension.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
You could see this was barely a wildcard playoff team going into the season ... other teams have improved more so than the Hawks

Crawford's great play saved this team early ... without him forget it

I am not the poster boy for the anti- Toews and Seabrook club .... HF50 started that long ago as well as others .... if you cant see Toews and Seabrooks declining play then Im not sure what you are watching. I started seeing what HF50 saw long ago with calling Toews macho-peecho, country club etc etc

Its painful to see the Captain struggling but he gets a pass from many here because of his past .... his play isnt what it was ... just watch the games and see the results.

I was a huge Seabrook fan ... but its painfully obvious he has slowed ... he can still be useful with protected minutes but Hawks cant justify that contract for the next 6 years

You can blame the coach but he is the same coach who has led the team to 3 cups ... his system is the same .... did the players tune him out ... or a combo of player performance + coach?

Time for changes or keep wearing those rose colored glasses and believe its a few posters who are unfairly pointing out flaws in your favorite players?
Does anyone deny that Toews and Seabrook have declined though? Everyone knows that they need to be better if we are to ever have a chance at contending again. The system that helped us win those cups is now outdated. Remember when the Hawks were the best team in the league it was still the speedy teams that gave them trouble. Now EVERY team is fast.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Why stop at the beginning of the season? Hot Tub Time Machine. I'm giving a swift slap to the face to Stan before he offers Seabrook an extension.
don't get me wrong, but this shows how many people were wrong going into the season. it was all there, but many didn't want to see the truth.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
don't get me wrong, but this shows how many people were wrong going into the season. it was all there, but many didn't want to see the truth.

Lol. The truth.

The odds are pretty much against you every single season even if you have the best team in paper. So basically no optimism allowed because that means: dont want to see the truth.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Simple tactic. Always predict that the team will stink. When you're wrong and others call you out, you make comments about why other posters are focusing on the past when they should be celebrating the present instead. When you're finally right, lord it over in a weird way to boost one's ego.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I repeated myself so many times in the summer i almost started to feel stupid. Didn't think the Hawks were very good and when predicting Central standings they were the only logical team with Colorado to likely miss the playoffs.

So in a way, happy to see them losing. If they still kept on winning with the team they have this season i would've probably gone insane.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
I'd like a do over on the Saad/Panarin trade.

Always thought Saad was overrated... even in his first tour with us.

I was correct.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Hawks can't score.

You don't deal away talent like Panarin's for a way overpriced dime-a-dozen small power forward.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Dime a dozen? Before this season Saad was consistently the top 18 or 19 LW in the league production wise. That is solidly a 1st line LW.

Dime a dozen? NOT
lets understand that this way. before the season is one thing, this whole f***ing season is a shit storm of bullshit. i can blame and put my finger on 1 person, but i will not.

game in and game out, those players who are expected to carry the team hasn't. that is right those in line 1, 2 and 3 are absent from the stat board. like yesterday's lost..... the team scored zero - 0 points. this whole season is a wash for whatever reason.

not 1 person is to blame, no but the whole freaking team is to blame. the players lost it and is not playing for Q.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Its not hard to grasp;

First cup, hawks were just faster and more skilled then everyone else.

Second Cup, hawks were faster and more responsible defensively then everyone else.

Third Cup, hawks had a team of rock stars and one defenseman who played out of his mind during the playoffs. League caught up.

Now, the rockstars just arent making hits.

The Hawks have become the KISS of the NHL

Reactions: LDF

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I wish we still had Panarin as well, but the thought process behind the trade is still sound. It hasn't worked out, but this entire season hasn't worked out. Let's get a new guy behind the bench and see how the group responds before totally writing off the group as well as Saad.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Simple tactic. Always predict that the team will stink. When you're wrong and others call you out, you make comments about why other posters are focusing on the past when they should be celebrating the present instead. When you're finally right, lord it over in a weird way to boost one's ego.

Not sure if you are referring to me here or not. If so, that is not at all what i have done. my pre-season predictions over time have ranged from "i think we can make the SCF" all the way to "likely not make the playoffs" and most places on the continuum in between. If JD is in view, he is not like what you said either --- he, like me, has predicted varying degrees of success season-by-season. I am a bit conservative in predictions in general --- but not even remotely along the lines you state. Again, I may not have been in view. In any event, it is just simply evaluating what you think the team is likely to do rather than what you would hope to see. This season was rather clear that this season's team was going to struggle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad