Anybody else watching the US/Finland game and find themselves cheering for the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Sitting here watching the game and I'm finding myself cheering for team USA (specifically Mathews's). Honestly never thought I'd see the day that I'm actually pulling for the States. Anybody else doing this? Feels almost like a guilty pleasure lol

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Definitely going for the US, because of Matthews. But I won't be when they play Canada. :)

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Man it was really hard to cheer for that awful USA lineup. Sorry Matthews I'll cheer ya when you are on the Blue and White. Sheesh.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
with how crappy of a lineup they have they're underdogs. So, yes.

Definitely a different selection bias than the Canadian team. So did they just get turned down by that many NHLers or was the cream of the USA crop either injured or still playing? Gaudreau, Wheeler , Pacioretty, Ryan and Byfuglien would have made them more comparable to the Canadian lineup.

PS So does this mean Matthews had the edge in the showdown with Laine and is still worth drafting?:)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well yeah. I mean sure I like Komarov, but more excited to see Matthews right now. So when he's on the ice, ended up cheering. Of course did the same when Komarov was looking dangerous :).

Probably following the US more than I normally would since this is a first overall situation here.

Sinkkunaattori

Go Waffles Go
Aug 5, 2011
I really just want to shut up the Finns hype train.

and hoping Laine finished the game with 0 points

Yikes, that's rough. Apologies on my countrymen behalf, we don't quite know what to do with ourselves having these upcoming (super)star players, I know I wanted Laine or Pulju so bad on the Leafs I wanted them to pick 2 or 3, found myself disappointed when we got the 1st pick :laugh:

Also, obligatory hell no to OP ;)

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
No not really. Canada aside I just look forward to when Matthews hits the ice. I don't really have any internal drive to see his team as a whole win.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
@nuck

super random and very off topic... but dude wtf is your avatar? lol

looks like a star trek character... Kardassian? that one of the species?

It is some kind of troll I found on google. I chose it because it looked so much like Phaneuf. :laugh:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
No not really. Canada aside I just look forward to when Matthews hits the ice. I don't really have any internal drive to see his team as a whole win.

I like the US because they are the underdogs but I sort of agree with you. I am hoping Matthews play will make it clear that he is the safe pick @ #1 because from the end of their respective regular seasons it has been all Laine and Pulju tearing it up.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
SAME

and hoping Laine finished the game with 0 points

Wouldn't have made a difference to me if Laine scored 2 goals.
Matthews has been my pick since we won the lottery.
It takes more than either player to win a championship but when I'm building a foundation from scratch, I start with the no. 1 C.

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
I cheer for the U.S usually cause I think Canada-US finals are the best no matter what tournament it is. Well, Canada-Russia finals are usually awesome too.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Wow did Mathews ever impress me yesterday. The shot, the vision, the 200 foot game. This kid is going to be sprcial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad