Anybody else taking a break?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
2017 was enough nihilism for me without indulging in nihilism for my "entertainment."

I'm taking a much needed break from the team recently and can't say I regret it. Obviously, checking in just to see how things are going, but not to the extent of watching anything or even really stat tracking.

Anybody else taking a breather from this punishment? This recent turn can't be good for the fanbase.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
nope, but I spend much less time around here, when they aren't good the hypocrisy, lack of subject knowledge, biases, and personal shots that exist in an argument around here aren't worth dealing with, the team I still watch (usually listen to, no msg but still in a blackout region)

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Considering games are middle of the night here, I tend to stay up for less games as it's not worth it. On the occasions I do stay up, I end up kinda regretting it. May switch to watching Vegas instead in 2018 unless there are some interesting roster changes to keep me interested. The current core and their weaknesses I am getting tired of.

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
I keep telling myself I should take a break but I never do. It's the only team I have any emotional investment in. Can't watch other games. They've been playing a little better too.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Ive missed the last 5 (watched the ottawa one a day later) after my live experience of buf-pit back to back, im so burnt out on losing.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I'm at the point where I didn't care that I missed the 2nd period tonight when mama forgot to get lettuce for taco night. But I'll never not pay attention. Not gonna give up on them. The trade chatter is heating up and Botterill has yet to make his stamp on the roster. I actually have 100% faith in everyone Buffalo has in place. The regime is right. The roster is wrong. I want to see Botterill give Housley something better to work with.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I wouldn't want to just flat out give up on the Sabres... but I'm not as adamant about cancelling plans or rushing home for games these days.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I watch a period here and there, but I'm not nearly as invested. I cam careless whether they win or lose. It's a coping mechanism; the less i care the less it hurts.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The closest I've come is not going back and watching an entire game when I miss it live. I play on Thursday nights, so I usually miss games on Thursdays... but I would always find the time to go back and watch a game I missed live. Now... I just accept the 8 minute condensed recap on gamecenter when I miss a game.

But if I don't have another commitment, I'm still watching on most nights.... albeit with less passion.

Reactions: Vito_81 and jBuds

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
I barely watch this team and it has nothing to do with losing. They lost with Nolan, i still watched all the games. Even if this team was winning i don't think i would be watching. Roster is as boring as hockey can be. I still watch the NHL though. I just usually flip to a different game during Sabres games. Soon as Lehner and Kane are gone i'll probably come back.

Reactions: Eichel15

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I just draw or work on a creative project when the game's on these days. I pay attention to the game more intently when they make it worth it, or I can just listen and get more absorbed into the work if the team is flailing around.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I barely watch this team and it has nothing to do with losing. They lost with Nolan, i still watched all the games. Even if this team was winning i don't think i would be watching. Roster is as boring as hockey can be. I still watch the NHL though. I just usually flip to a different game during Sabres games. Soon as Lehner and Kane are gone i'll probably come back.

Man... you've let this Robin Lehner thing get way out of control in your head.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It hasn't felt so far away since Darcy said "suffering". It just feels like such a gut punch that we went to the bottom and got guys that can't hold Derek Roy's jock strap.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
What are you going to do when those two are traded and we are significantly worse?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

No kidding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad