Speculation: Any V2.0 Winnipeg Jet HOF Worthy? 2011-Present

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Does anyone think any player that has suited up for the Winnipeg Jets will get into the HOF?

I think our best chance will be Mark Scheifele who is pushing towards a PPG. He has worked very hard to get where he is today and deserves the praise he receives for his on ice performance.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I'd guess Hellebuyck is the Jets' best shot, but he'll need more hardware for sure.

Nothing against Scheifele, but even if he hits PPG over his career that won't be enough.

Dark horse is Wheeler - top RW in the game for a long stretch. I think he's been top 10 overall for points for the past number of years, and consistently as well. If Wheeler put together a Cup and Smythe...

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Does anyone think any player that has suited up for the Winnipeg Jets will get into the HOF?

I think our best chance will be Mark Scheifele who is pushing towards a PPG. He has worked very hard to get where he is today and deserves the praise he receives for his on ice performance.
Hellebuyck has won the most impressive individual hardware, so that gives him the edge. Scheifele would require a Conn Smythe level playoffs leading the Jets to the Stanley Cup, I think. At this point in his career, he still has a couple more top ten finishes, but he won't be in the top two for any of the Art Ross, Maurice Richard or Hart Trophies. The odds are against Scheif, but if he can defy the cruel icy grip of Father Time and continue to rack up top ten in scoring finishes for several more years, he may be considered.

No other player currently over the age of 22 has a shot, in my opinion, unless they really shine in long playoff runs (emphasis on the plural). Nobody knows what the ceiling is for Dubois, Perfetti or Heinola at this point.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Are we talking Hockey Hall of Fame or Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame? If we are talking the later then Buff, Scheifele, Wheeler and Helle are all likely to make it in. If we are talking former. It is too early to say with Scheifele/Helle/Ehlers but they have a shot depending on how their careers go.

Reactions: hn777

Hein57

Feb 5, 2021
Laine is still a young guy with a chance. He's not playing great right now, but if he can get consistently good like he was in November 2018, he could be in. He had flashes of hall of fame greatness at one point. He would need to start reaching that 50 goal potential on a regular basis like we all once thought he could do.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Laine is still a young guy with a chance. He's not playing great right now, but if he can get consistently good like he was in November 2018, he could be in. He had flashes of hall of fame greatness at one point. He would need to start reaching that 50 goal potential on a regular basis like we all once thought he could do.

He'd have to significantly improve long-term to get there.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Laine probably hits 500 goals? That's usually a high % chance for the hall

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Helle is really the only possibility at this point.
That could change of course.

Reactions: Jet

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Unless someone ( Helly maybe ) starts pulling in some more hardware, then no. No one on Jets 2.0 is HHOF worthy IMO.

But, given Wheelers contract and assuming he stays injury free, he will end up with over 1000 games for this franchise. Would that be enough to get him into the HHOF? Without 1000 points? I don't see it. There are easily a dozen players that will have had better careers than Wheeler who are currently not in the HHOF. Players that have actually won awards.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Unless someone ( Helly maybe ) starts pulling in some more hardware, then no. No one on Jets 2.0 is HHOF worthy IMO.

But, given Wheelers contract and assuming he stays injury free, he will end up with over 1000 games for this franchise. Would that be enough to get him into the HHOF? Without 1000 points? I don't see it. There are easily a dozen players that will have had better careers than Wheeler who are currently not in the HHOF. Players that have actually won awards.

Way more than a dozen. I don't think Wheeler is anywhere close. Scheifele isn't either but it isn't impossible that he could get there. Highly unlikely though. Helle is on a path that could get there if he continues at such a high level. Even in his case though, HHOF talk is premature.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
I’d say Buff... he was the image and personality of the team for years....and Ehlers is looking good

164.gif

Also, maybe, Ladd.

Hendricks, anyone, Hendricks?

Reactions: FonRiesen

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I’d say Buff... he was the image and personality of the team for years....and Ehlers is looking good

Problem is, Buff probably wouldn't show up for the induction ceremony, or they would have to present outside of his ice fishing shack :laugh:.

But he is the only choice currently in my opinion. Hellebuyck, Scheifele and Ehlers are possibles but they would probably need to win a cup or 2 or some individual hardware (not counting Helle's Vezina). Hellebuyck is the most likely if he ends up being one of the best American born goalies of all time.

Reactions: hn777 and BatVader

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Helle is the frontrunner and probably the only one with a shot imo

Also a lock (along with Wheels and maybe Buff and Connor) for the American hall of fame!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Helle is the frontrunner and probably the only one with a shot imo

Also a lock (along with Wheels and maybe Buff and Connor) for the American hall of fame!
I think if they decide to do an around the world exhibit only Ehlers has a chance I mean how many great Denmark hockey players are there? He is probably up there with the best.
Pomo in the how did they do it with the longest coaching career and a picture of him shrugging his shoulders like your guess is as good as mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad