Speculation: Any teams still in need of a goalie?

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more talk about Winnipeg upgrading their goaltending situation.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more talk about Winnipeg upgrading their goaltending situation.

If pavelec is a ufa next year I could see bishop dealt there but he needs an extension . So bishop for pavelec and a bunch of prospects , picks

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
They have a plan for that already in-house. Hellebuyck is a total stud and Comrie looks good.

16/17 - Pavelec + Hutchinson
17/18 - Hellebuyck + Hutchinson
18/19 - Hellebuyck + (tandem/backup/Hutch/Comrie)
19/20 - Hellebuyck + Comrie

If they want better goaltending right now and not next year, they can put Pavelec on waivers and to the AHL and call up Hellebuyck. Or just trade Pavelec somewhere and call up Hellebuyck.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Do the Sharks have an overpaid bottom6 centre who is half decent in the middle but expendable due to depth?
I'd trade Miller at 50% for a guy like that even if it's like 2.5m-3.5m. Canucks need a 4C who can take take a draw and at least sub in as PK forward once in awhile.
Half decent starter but much better if he were moved into a veteran backup mentor role and got a shot at the playoffs with a team who has at least recent success.

OLUSAF

Sep 8, 2007
Pavelec + Stafford to Toronto for Lupul

Bernier to San Jose for Wingels

Winnipeg take on less $ and spread it over 2 years

SJ gets a backup who can play a lot for 500k cheaper than Wingels who they can replace internally

Toronto takes on a lot of salary but save on the cap for next year

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Who will backup in Nashville now that the Blues signed Hutton? Also how about Anaheim? On the subject of trading goalies I could see the Islanders trading Halak(if they need the capspace) or JF Berube(if they decide to keep Halak), not sure if their would be any interest in either
I think Snow is going to try to sneak Berube through waivers, if he can't move Halak. Too many teams have their goalies locked up and salary accounted for where they would be taking on the possible 3-headed issue Isles put themselves in.

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
Wouldn't surprise me to see Kuemper traded in Minnesota, they just signed Stalock who could be an average backup.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Dallas needs a new starter but someone will have to take one of Niemi and Kari back. Tampa will need a backup if Bishop is moved. Preferably a not terrible, cheap veteran that can help ease Vasy into starting duties.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Do the Sharks have an overpaid bottom6 centre who is half decent in the middle but expendable due to depth?
I'd trade Miller at 50% for a guy like that even if it's like 2.5m-3.5m. Canucks need a 4C who can take take a draw and at least sub in as PK forward once in awhile.
Half decent starter but much better if he were moved into a veteran backup mentor role and got a shot at the playoffs with a team who has at least recent success.

We have Wingels who can play center and are trying to move

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I'm okay with Bernier for 30 games. We have cap room and he will be competitive as he has something to prove and it's his UFA contract year. Leafs rookies need to play in front of good goaltending not playing catch up. It will he good for their development.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
We have Wingels who can play center and are trying to move

I actually like Wingels. He's a half decent bottom 6 guy who can play centre or wing. What's his contract like? 3.3? I'm not too familiar with the Sharks as I can't stand your team. But Miller would be a good pickup IMHO for your long term success over the season.
We are more destined to be your first round fodder

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Pavelec + Stafford to Toronto for Lupul

Bernier to San Jose for Wingels

Winnipeg take on less $ and spread it over 2 years

SJ gets a backup who can play a lot for 500k cheaper than Wingels who they can replace internally

Toronto takes on a lot of salary but save on the cap for next year

But Stafford isn't a cap dump, he has value on his own. And Pavelec is worth more than Lupul in that his contract ends after this season while having a lower salary. If the Jets actually wanted to solve their problems, they would buyout Pavelec, and trade Stafford for a pick in the next few weeks. We have sufficient cap space to do whatever we want regardless, so technically we may as well just send Pavelec to the Moose.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Anaheim is in a budget squeeze, they're very unlikely to be looking for an expensive back up.

Looking at the cap information online, Anaheim has 5 times the amount of cap space than the Sharks. Any goalie will fit into their cap. Not true with the Sharks. Any experienced, and decent backup will not fit into Sharks' cap space.

And Niemi, whoever suggested it, no way. Only thing worse for the Sharks is Stalock.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Ok, here is something I thought about today.....

I'd like Bishop on the Canes obviously, but I dont see that happening. Obviously if Dallas is in fact going after Bishop they need to clear a goalie. How about this:

To Canes:
Niemi

To Dallas:
Bishop

To Tampa:
Lack

Fill in the necessary additions where needed and let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad