Any Hockey Card Collectors Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
I used to be into collecting cards, all sports, not just hockey. That was when I was younger and didnt have car insurance and school and girls to spend my money on. I still have all my cards, I'll just keep saving them until I get older and maybe get involved back into the hobby. Until then they just sit in boxes in my closet.

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
jin said:
Hey, can anyone tell me what my Joe Sakic rookie card is worth?

If it Is OPC: it is $12.00
If it is Topps: it is $15.00

Probably the only set where you WANT to have the Topps one.

But those prices are in near mint condition. So if they are really off-center, have any creases, or even soft corners you wouldn't get more than a buck. Cards are a funny thing, card stores only offer half price at most, since they have to be able to make money on it (unless they know the value will go up, which is rare). So in perfect mint conidition and not graded, you would be able to pull in 6 bucks at a card store, or maybe 10 at a card show.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
collecting minor league/junior/euro/peewee cards

I am surprised that none of you on this thread actually collect hockey cards of these players we write about all the time. I have a good number of the cards of players for the 2005 Draft already in Euro league cards, quebec peewee cards and junior leagues (OHL, QMJHL, WHL). I have multiple Crosby Rimouski cards, Gilbert Brule Vancouver Giants cards, Vitaly Anikeenko Russian cards, Jakub Kindl Czech OFS League cards, and Gillaume Latendresse Drummondville cards as well as O'Marra, Setoguchi, and many other top guys. If you are interested I might be able to send you a scan of them. I could also possibly sell one to anyone intereted as I have multiples of almost all of them.

Furthermore has anyone heard of Quebec PeeWee cards. They are produced in limited quantities each year by this tournament. Over the years many NHLers have had cards made of them when they were 14 years old. These include Marian Hossa and Ladislav Nagy(1993), Sergei Samsonov (1992), Alex Tanguay (1993), Lecavalier (94), DiPietro (94), Bouwmeester (96), Upshall (96), Vanek (97), Rick nash, Marc-Andre Fleury, Pierre Marc Bouchard, Ryan Kesler, Hugh Jessiman (98), Schremp (99 and 00), Simon Gagne (93 and 94) and many others. If you are interetsed in these or the 05 draft guys e-mail me at [email protected].

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I've probably got over 100 jersey cards alone, and probably about 600 regular cards. I've got some good one's too. A Kovalchuk/Heatley double jersey, a Lecavalier stick/jersey, a Wayne Gretzky patch card, a Joe Thornton 4 colour card (it's from the bear on the shoulder patch) and numerous others. I even have 2 pages devoted entirely to Bruins jersey cards. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad