Any appetite for some crow?

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Ill eat crow if the leafs make the playoffs. I'm in the play hard, top 10 pick this year and playoffs next year crowd. Hoping to eat some, I hear it is delish.

I'm kinda still hoping for a 20 game losing streak that would net us a top-5 pick, simply because I really can't see this team making it past the first round.

Lion15

Apr 18, 2015
Kawartha Lakes
To be fair, Drouin had very limited minutes that year, Cooper gave him mostly 4th line duties with some spot usage on the 3rd line here and there.

His Points/60 were the highest on TB that year I believe.

Either way your point about Marner still stands.

Yes exactly. I think all things considered Drouin had a very good rookie campaign. I thought it was a completely legit comparable and that Marner would likely be used in a limited fashion as well.

It's pretty apparent now that the Leafs got an absolute stud at #4

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I've been wanting to post an anti crow thread about how right I was on Zaitsev.

But yeah, Enroth seemed like a good signing at the time.

I was convinced we had Stamkos. Although I always maintained it was either Toronto or Tampa but I thought he would pick us.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I'm kinda still hoping for a 20 game losing streak that would net us a top-5 pick, simply because I really can't see this team making it past the first round.

Why not? When we're on our game we look unbeatable and the most important thing we gain as our rookies mature is consistency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad