Any appetite for some crow?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hated the Polak resign, but to tell the truth he has played a lot better then I thought and in fact has been down right good. Takes far to much heat on here for nothing. He has limited his puck carrying a great deal as well as seldom pinches. Last year he did both far to much.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri has meshed really well with some of the new talent so far this season. He's really finding his niche here and I didn't really think he would.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Thought rielly would take the next step and would establing himself as a breakout star and legit number 1. He's been good but hasn't broken out offensively or defensively and is currently a good number 2. Betting next year he wI'll breakout and come into camy having busted his ass this offseason. Also in terms of Marlies thought kapanen was gonna struggle and gonna end up traded for a guy like fleury from the canes. At this point hes our best player on Marlies and is my favourite prospect. Biggest one on the team would be thinking matthews was gonna have an solid but not spectacular rookie season. Thought he would get 20+25 playing 3rd line mins. Easily our best overall player and is a legit superstar in the making .

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
There should be A LOT of people eating crow about Andersen. Remember the "Ander5en" and "waive him" crowd?

I also thought that Nylander would win Calder and be our best rookie (statistically). Not all that surprised by Marner and Matthews. Guess my expectations were too high for Nylander. It's ok though, he's still awesome.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I thought enroth was going to be a very good backup. Also felt we would be in the 20-25 range come the end of the season.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I certainly didn't expect Marner to play this well, and I've been pumping his tires and calling him a magician since January of his draft year. I would have been happy with 35-40 points. The kid has 44 and there are 32 games left in the season. Simply sublime.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
There should be A LOT of people eating crow about Andersen. Remember the "Ander5en" and "waive him" crowd?
This stuff was unbearable to read through the first few weeks.

Quickly: Enroth (although he's been insane with San Diego) and how fast things seem to be coming together

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
I wasn't too thrilled with the Andersen signing. In actual fact I was really hoping for a Bernier bounce back season. I thought Andersen was very overrated and we would regret the signing 10 games in. It actually looked like my hunch was right. I thought Bernier was technically sound and Reimer flopped around too much. The first few games for Andersen he looked like Reimer and that didn't sit well with me. I will gladly eat crow on that one because he's better than Bernier technically and he also bigger.

Never been a fan of Gardiner. I thought this would be another year of constant brain farts, causing me such frustration that I would throw my remote at the TV. Much to my surprise with the exception of maybe a half a dozen games he's been very good. Some nights even our best. So I will eat it on this as well.

I thought we would be in for 8th-12th from the bottom of the league but again bon appetit.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Like to let the highway do the cooking for ya? :joker:

I'm surprised the team is doing so well, I really thought the season would be one long series of moral victories, with gradual improvement.

:laugh:

the season isn't over yet for me to declare i need to eat crow or not. ;)

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
For me it was Enroth. I thought he'd be a stable backup in our system, but he never found his groove.

I am enjoying McElhinney (sp?) doing what I thought Enroth would do - give us a chance to win in the games he plays.(so far)

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
We're pretty far into the season.

Does anyone want to eat some crow?

I'll start.....

I felt good about Enroth as back up when we signed him in the off-season

I had Leivo in our line up

Biggest one of all was I was dead wrong about the Martin signing. Might be a touch overpaid but really think he's helped us.
It's hilarious how many fans rained on the Martin signing. Half of this board cried that having a tough guy on the team wouldn't be a deterrent and he was a useless signing.

I swear if this board could they would roll a 4th line of three Seth Griffith's.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
It's hilarious how many fans rained on the Martin signing. Half of this board cried that having a tough guy on the team wouldn't be a deterrent and he was a useless signing.

I swear if this board could they would roll a 4th line of three Seth Griffith's.

:laugh:

Like this: Hartnell Sedlak Gagner

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
- I thought Marincin would be better, but he takes one step forward, then 2 back.
- I thought Enroth would be very consistent for us.
- I thought Kadri would have a bad year after the pre-season when he was just trying to deke 2 players over the blue line as if he had to be as flashy as the rookies. I was happily wrong!
- I thought we would be closer to the bottom, then competing for a playoff spot.
- My only other expectation was Nylanders consistency. I was concerned he doesn't show up every game, and that's been true for the most part since December. Long term it's one of my bigger concerns, but I hope I am wrong.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Count me as part of the group that didn't expect Marner to come out of the gate as strongly as he has.

Also, before this season I would have looked to move Kadri for help on defence, I liked him but didn't see him as a core piece. Happily eating crow on that.

On the other side of the coin, I was expecting to see more offensive output from Soshnikov, I still have hope that he can work on this part of his game and understand it's not easy on the fourth line.

I was also hoping to see a 40 point season from Komarov but doesn't look like that's going to happen either.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Can't think of anything worth mentioning that I've been wrong about. Then again, I'm not big on making predictions so there's not much I've been right about either. :laugh:

I haven't felt like predicting much because in the long term, I trust in Shanaplan, Babcock, Lou, Dubas etc. and for the short term, don't really care that much, just watching the process unfold. I figured we had a shot at the playoffs IF we played the kids and IF a ton of things went right, so far so good. :yo:

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I thought the Leafs would have Marner sit a bunch of games and eventually send him to the WJC before deciding whether to keep him up or send him back to the Knights.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Thought none of Marner, Matthews or Nylander would be this good this soon. Okay Nylander's season is less of a surprise. I would have thought his current numbers were possible and that he'd be leading the team in rookie scoring with those numbers.

I also thought there would be a place on the Leafs for some of the buried vets (Laich, Greening and especially Michalek).

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Right on
Marner would outscore all rookies
Reilly not being good enough

Wrong on
Matthews being this good this fast
Nylander working so hard
Kadri being this good defensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad