Anton Forsberg

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I am not certain that the team is that much a lesser sum than its parts. To a degree yes. but lets not overstate the parts either. The parts are not that impressive. the parts are being mismanaged to be sure, but the parts are not that awesome. Even properly managed, this team is still quite a ways from being overly competitive. The Hawks are wahat something like 14-16 or 17 maybe 18 of the 31 teams now --- improperly managed. What would they be if they were better managed? not sure... but i highly doubt that a top 5 or even close to that is possible. my point is that the coaching has been bad yes... but the team is no so great either.

Time my friends. it will take time. This makes those glory years that much more special because we are again reminded as fans of what it is like to love and cheer for a middling team. time is needed to rebuild. And by the way... cheering for a middling team is still fun --- just not as fun. hockey is simply great even if the season for us ends before the playoffs.

I completely agree with the bolded and that's why I think it's way to premature to talk about dismantling. The Hawks may very well be on the other side of the mountain and won't win another cup with Toews/Kane/Keith. Heck, there are only a few teams that you would say it's more likely than not they will win a cup in the next 5 years. If the team can still compete for playoff spots (i think they can) than I don't want to burn it down.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I completely agree with the bolded and that's why I think it's way to premature to talk about dismantling. The Hawks may very well be on the other side of the mountain and won't win another cup with Toews/Kane/Keith. Heck, there are only a few teams that you would say it's more likely than not they will win a cup in the next 5 years. If the team can still compete for playoff spots (i think they can) than I don't want to burn it down.
me either. i am not advocating that. Actually, we seem rather closely aligned --- new coach at seasons end and go at least to some degree with youth over guys like the four we have been talking about.

my rebuild is a modest one not a tear down. largely b/c a tear down is not feasable --- we do not have the assets to move to do that.

i appreciate your input.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I get lot of **** and few posts even gotten deleted because of off topic posts.
There are complete of 6 posts about Forsberg in this thread,rest are off topic.

How are rebuilding,tanking,trading Crow talk any related to Forsberg?
- Hey mods,why not delete these off topic posts,there are tons
in every thread.

Anyways.....getting back to the topic.

Forsberg,in my mind isn't the answer.

Is he playing good?,sometimes he is sometimes he isn't. Is he winning games? heck no,
yes yes yes only 19 career games,its not like thats a lot,i know,
but with record of 2 wins and 14 losses 3.56 GAA .896 sv%
kinda scares ya and makes one doubt.

Lots of potential,lots of talent,but nothing proven yet,
but he is no 19,20,21 year old prospect either
turns 26 next year,he was drafted 6 years ago.

I don't see a long term plan with Forsberg,
he might get things going one day,but at the moment
i don't see him as a NHL level winning goalie.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I get lot of **** and few posts even gotten deleted because of off topic posts.
There are complete of 6 posts about Forsberg in this thread,rest are off topic.

How are rebuilding,tanking,trading Crow talk any related to Forsberg?
- Hey mods,why not delete these off topic posts,there are tons
in every thread.

Anyways.....getting back to the topic.

Forsberg,in my mind isn't the answer.

Is he playing good?,sometimes he is sometimes he isn't. Is he winning games? heck no,
yes yes yes only 19 career games,its not like thats a lot,i know,
but with record of 2 wins and 14 losses 3.56 GAA .896 sv%
kinda scares ya and makes one doubt.

Lots of potential,lots of talent,but nothing proven yet,
but he is no 19,20,21 year old prospect either
turns 26 next year,he was drafted 6 years ago.

I don't see a long term plan with Forsberg,
he might get things going one day,but at the moment
i don't see him as a NHL level winning goalie.

Goalies tend to develop later. Look at Crow as an example.

He struggled with Columbus but it is a small sample due to it being spread over a few years. He shows all of the tools to be a NHL starter (shootouts: TBD and he needs to work on playing the puck). Overall he looks solid for the Hawks.

You get shit because you seem at times to be a bit obsessive about DeBrincat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad