Injury Report: Anthony LaPanta, Vocal Chords

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I don't mind LaPanta. He's not great, but he's a substantial upgrade over Terhar. He's at the very least a competent, serviceable play by play guy.

Greenlay on the other hand makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I'm willing to bet if we replaced him with someone competent the complaints about LaPanta would almost disappear because of how much Greenlay drags the whole telecast down.
The dude is awful. Bumbles and stumbles his way to insight my 6 year old cousin already said more eloquently

Last edited:

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Honestly, if we can't get rid of Greenlay, we're not going to get rid of LaPanta. I think LaPanta has grown a lot since he started. He's not the best, but he certainly isn't the worst. Get him someone other than the worst color commentator in the league and our broadcast will sound better. At the same time, I do my best to listen to away broadcasts to get a more varied experience.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
How can you not like Darren Pang?

I'm not a fan of Pang either. He's an unsufferable St. Louis homer. One of my biggest announcer pet peeves is when they argue and whine when 'their' team gets penalties, and I've heard him do that several times.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Lapanta's call vs. the Bruins, a mix of sursrise and emphasis, was perfect. Liked it a lot.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Doesn't mean it's enjoyable to listen to. In fact, using Pierre to justify those actions speaks volume AGAINST continuing to do it. :laugh:

I just don't get who that's for? Even my dad, and old-timey "we grow 'em" Minnesotan finds the Wild broadcasts grating because of the constant shoe-horning of the "one of us" angle.

"Elk River's own Nate Prosser."

Everyone in Elk River. Yay.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
I have grown to enjoy LaPanta's goal outburts. I very much dislike Greenlay so a good color guy would be a nice change.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
LaPanta is at least better than Terhaar, who formed the infamous 'Dumb and Dumber' duo with Greenlay for the period I like to call, The Muted Years. Terrible calls, constantly getting players' names wrong and facepalm-worthy homerism from both guys and I'm still not sure how Terhaar got canned and Greenlay survived. I'm not a huge LaPanta fan, but hiring him was a move in the right direction and hopefully a better color guy comes along in the near future.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
I have grown to enjoy LaPanta's goal outburts. I very much dislike Greenlay so a good color guy would be a nice change.

Greenlay is great but he might want his own pxp gig soon. Wonder if Paul Allen vox of the Vikings would consider Wild color?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
PA will be Vikings forever so that's not really an option...not even mentioning that the idea doesn't make a whole lot of sense with PA not having any background at all in hockey.

Greenlay as a PxP guy is legitimately terrifying. He can't even think of insightful things to say when he doesn't have to talk as often being a color guy, can't even think of how awful he'd be having to talk a majority of the time. Seems like a nice enough guy but legitimately has to be one of the worst color guys out there.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah PA wouldn't make any sense. He's not a hockey guy.

I do like the image of him doing "He's LOOSE!" on a breakaway though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3