Player Discussion Anthony-John Greer

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Apparently he is a very bad shooter ….that’s what I read

Ahh I see. I watched most Bruins games last year since they're my 2nd team and I wouldn't say he was particularly good or bad at it really. Just that he shoots a lot. Which for a crash and bang 4th liner is kind of what you want. Don't get too fancy in the OZ and turn it over leading to a rush the other way.

I think him and Duehr could make a good 4th line wing pairing. Similar games. I'd probably rather see Ruz in the top 9 somewhere but he's the best option at C there. If his wingers can go get it for him down low he's got the reach and skill to make some plays in tight.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ahh I see. I watched most Bruins games last year since they're my 2nd team and I wouldn't say he was particularly good or bad at it really. Just that he shoots a lot. Which for a crash and bang 4th liner is kind of what you want. Don't get too fancy in the OZ and turn it over leading to a rush the other way.

I think him and Duehr could make a good 4th line wing pairing. Similar games. I'd probably rather see Ruz in the top 9 somewhere but he's the best option at C there. If his wingers can go get it for him down low he's got the reach and skill to make some plays in tight.
If AJ can get shots on net, I like Rosie and Duehr as his linemates as they'll drive to the net and have the talent to score garbage goals.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sound like a bigger Ryan Lomberg

I supposed it doesn’t hurt to have guys like Greer and Hunt. Just wish we have someone in the system that can take the job with more potential than keep recycling these guys every year.

We did have a ton of these guys of this ilk and then we got rid of a ton of them or lost them for free.

Hathaway, Lomberg, Byron, Heineman, Bennett, Tkachuk.

Then the enforcers: Lucic and Gudbranson.

Now we have Z and Greer on the roster that plays with that type of style. Stromgren and Pospisil are the only prospect of that sandpaper ilk we have?

Reactions: DFF

stocker

Mar 9, 2004
He played for my team the Bruins. You will love how he plays. He will do whatever the team needs. He will go out and start a fight with the biggest guy on the ice. I know the Bruins will miss this guy. Enjoy Flame fans & good luck in 23-24.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He played for my team the Bruins. You will love how he plays. He will do whatever the team needs. He will go out and start a fight with the biggest guy on the ice. I know the Bruins will miss this guy. Enjoy Flame fans & good luck in 23-24.

I still have a soft spot for Lomberg and Hathaway for similar reasons, so this makes me happy. :)

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Was kind of hoping he’d be found money and moved for a 6th or something at the deadline.

Looked nasty, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I stand by my previous comment. Soft spot for those of the same ilk like Lomberg and Hathaway guys. So I'm sad he's out for a while. :(

Reactions: NinjaTurtle

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I stand by my previous comment. Soft spot for those of the same ilk like Lomberg and Hathaway guys. So I'm sad he's out for a while. :(
Yeah, same. At least Pospisil is only out short term so we still have one guy of that ilk back soon.

Reactions: Fig

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Good, he should be back in time for the playoff push in late March.

Can you trade a player who is on IR? I ask because I think Greer would be of interest to a team looking to add depth for a long playoff run. I'm disappointed to hear about the broken foot but only because it may affect his tradeability at the TDL.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I have to admit I was completely wrong on him. I figured he would be only good as a 12/13th forward at best. But hes been the only bright spot on the 4th line. Hopefully his recovery goes well.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
In all fairness, he has been ineffective in the last 4 weeks or so. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad